another Turkey overprint id please

Old September 6th 03, 01:43 AM
Tony Vella

Default another Turkey overprint id please

http://members.rogers.com/tony.vella/images/turkey.jpg
The stamp with the red overprint is Scott Turkey #100. I can't seem to find
listed the exact same stamp but with a black overprint. Any help will be
appreciated.

--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Old September 6th 03, 03:04 AM
Jay T. Carrigan

Scott P36.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article s.com,
says...

Old September 6th 03, 03:46 AM
Tony Vella

Jay T. Carrigan wrote:
Scott P36.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article s.com,
says...

http://members.rogers.com/tony.vella/images/turkey.jpg
The stamp with the red overprint is Scott Turkey #100. I can't seem
to find listed the exact same stamp but with a black overprint. Any
help will be appreciated.

--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Thanks very much, Jay. 120 Turkish overprints, enough already. Tomorrow I
start on something simple; Argentine officials, perhaps.
--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Old September 7th 03, 08:06 PM
TC

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:43:04 GMT, "Tony Vella"
wrote:

http://members.rogers.com/tony.vella/images/turkey.jpg
The stamp with the red overprint is Scott Turkey #100. I can't seem to find
listed the exact same stamp but with a black overprint. Any help will be
appreciated.

Tony:

Newspaper Stamp 1897
Scott P36, SG P18 (in my old SG Simplified) .

Blair

Old September 10th 03, 08:30 AM
Bill Seymour

In article cUb6b.393267$4UE.282477
@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com,
says...
Jay T. Carrigan wrote:
Scott P36.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article s.com,
says...

http://members.rogers.com/tony.vella/images/turkey.jpg
The stamp with the red overprint is Scott Turkey #100. I can't seem
to find listed the exact same stamp but with a black overprint. Any
help will be appreciated.

--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Thanks very much, Jay. 120 Turkish overprints, enough already. Tomorrow I
start on something simple; Argentine officials, perhaps.

Tony, you can check out my web site at www.seymourfamily.com to see
images of most of these Turkey stamps. Sometimes that'll help a bunch
when trying to identify the unknowns... I don't read the group often
enough to have beat Jay or Rodney to the punch on the last two. :-)

If you think these are fun, try the Turkey in Asia overprints... Or
telling the real from fake on many of the Turkey WWI overprints.

Bill Seymour
Old September 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Tony Vella

Jay T. Carrigan wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the link, Bill. Interesting web site and sure would have helped
me last week. I shall keep the url handy for the future.

After 120 or so Turkish overprints I did about 10 Turkey in Asia and that
was rather hard too. I have now moved on and am trying to organize my
Argentine Departmental Officials. I would very much like to set them up in
frames like you did on your site - say 2 or 3 frames per department. Any
advice would be appreciated. Feel free to write me directly if you prefer;
just remember to remove the "nogo" from my address.
--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada

Old September 11th 03, 07:16 AM
Bill Seymour

In article BZF7b.432432$4UE.362170
Bill Seymour wrote:

[...]

I've got my Argentina pages pretty much ready up to the middle '30s, I
think. I recently went through and reworked the early stuff, Corrientes
is a lot more complex than Scott shows. And don't get me started on the
Rivadavias! The departmentals are going to be fun, since there are so
many perf and paper varieties on those. If you can find a copy of the
Kneitchel catalog (mine is the 1958 edition, the latest was 1974) it'll
help you enormously with them. The web site is horribly out of date for
Argentina...

Bill Seymour
Old September 11th 03, 06:05 PM
A.E. Gelat

Bill, you suddenly switched from Turkey to Argentina, but you should have
changed the subject line also. People not interested in Turkey would have
missed your posting.

Tony

Old September 11th 03, 10:14 PM
Tony Vella

A.E. Gelat wrote:
Bill, you suddenly switched from Turkey to Argentina, but you should
have changed the subject line also. People not interested in Turkey
would have missed your posting.

No, I'm afraid the fault is mine. After almost a week of Turkish
overprints I was so glad to switch to something else, in this case Argentine
departmental officials, that I had to go off at the mouth about it. Bill
just came aboard with some very welcomed advice - heaven knows I need it -
darn different papers and all. But I intend to start a new clearly-labeled
thread on another favorite stamp of mine soon and I hope to see some
interesting remarks from you about it, Tony.
--
Tony Vella in Ottawa, Canada