Wireless Wallboxes?

Old March 1st 04, 06:27 AM
George Howell

Default Wireless Wallboxes?

Anybody know of a way to wirelessly connect wallboxes to a juke? In
particular, a Seeburg LS1 and some 3W1's (I think that's the correct
wallbox model). Yup, I've got the stepper. I've got the juke in the
house, but want to listen when I'm in the garage. And have a portable
unit to take on the back porch and plug in when entertaining. And I'm
far too lazy to run cables

Barring an existing solution, does anyone have a good source online
for how they work?

--
George Howell "I ride for the same reason dogs stick their head out
of car windows"

Old March 1st 04, 04:11 PM
Mark Robinson

Hi George,

I've done this with my Rockola 1436. I made a semi portable setup with the wallbox, amp and speaker mounted in a case (I can
e-mail you a picture of what I've done if you are interested). I send the audio to this contraption via the AC power line
using one of the off-the-shelf units meant for this purpose. The selections made on the wallbox are sent via RF to the juke
located in the basement of my house. I can sit out on the deck and play the box and listen from this remote location. In this
case, I actually built the stepper myself. On my recently finished Seeburg R, I plan to do the same thing however I won't need
to build the stepper this time. It should be much easier. I'm still a bit away from doing this for the 3W1, but I want to
have it running before the summer. If you e-mail me directly, I can keep in contact to let you know when I get things up and
running. I've been thinking of writing this up as a DIY project for a magazine like AJ. Do you think this would be a good
article?

Mark