When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ 3sha91NLLFNQg

Old March 27th 04, 10:10 PM
Bruce Remick

"Byron L. Reed" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:38:51 GMT, wrote:

An outsourced
operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where

some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing
American workers in the process.

That "greedy American corporation" is probably included in the 401(k)
retirement plans of most everybody who reads this. Average American
workers gain from this.

The savings the corporation makes gives them pricing power, causing the
average American worker to spend less money to acquire their goods and
services.

The establishment of business infrastructure in third world companies
require the purchase of capital goods from the United States. This is

good
for average American workers who produce it.

The removal of expensively educated American workers from mundane
operations allows productivity to increase and engenders new business
enterprise in the United States. This is good for average American workers
(who aren't content with being lazy and insisting they keep the same job
for life).

For every non-competitive American job that is moved overseas, many more
poor local people are to work. Thus, many more people are allowed to
improve their lives. This injection of income encourages adoption of a
modern economy, government, and social stability which will reduce the
excuses for terrorism. This is good for average American workers - and
everybody else in the world.

The only people who really lose in the outsourcing equation are members of
outdated and inefficient un-American union labor.

BLReed

There was a piece on the national TV news a couple weeks ago about a company
in Massachusetts who was ready to outsource its $30/hour computer tech jobs
overseas where they could get the same results for $10/hour. Someone
proposed that the company first offer these jobs locally at $10/hour. They
ended up with a ton of applications from out-of-work computer people who
were indeed willing to work for $10/hour rather than starve. Several of
them were promoted before long into better paying jobs. I doubt I recalled
all the specific details accurately, but the premise would seem a viable one
to at least try in some cases.

Bruce
'glad to be retired'

Old March 27th 04, 11:16 PM
Bruce Remick

"Byron L. Reed" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:10:21 -0500, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

There was a piece on the national TV news a couple weeks ago about a

company
in Massachusetts who was ready to outsource its $30/hour computer tech

jobs
overseas where they could get the same results for $10/hour. Someone
proposed that the company first offer these jobs locally at $10/hour.

They
ended up with a ton of applications from out-of-work computer people who
were indeed willing to work for $10/hour rather than starve. Several of
them were promoted before long into better paying jobs. I doubt I

recalled
all the specific details accurately, but the premise would seem a viable

one
to at least try in some cases.

Bruce
'glad to be retired'

Yes, an outstanding option, but the average $10/hr job in the us actually
costs the employer $12-$13/hr by the time taxes, healthcare, retirement,
etc. are paid. Of course, if he looks at his output quality as being 40%
better by staying at home, that's a good option.

Along a similar line, there are many places in the US where a 30 year
employee stands right next to a new hire (year) and does exactly the same
job for a much higher cost due to tenure. That has never made sense to me
in instances where experience is not an important performance factor.

I ran into this in Govt service in a group where people from grade GS-9
through GS-15 were doing similar jobs and projects, with the GS-15 not
always the one most proficient in his/her specialized area of
responsibility. The GS-15 usually had the most savvy and "corporate
knowledge" from years of experience, but when joining a new group in a new
area of responsibility, the GS-9 in that group might end up with a better
substantive background than the GS-15. Funny though, everyone seemed to
accept what would be considered a huge inequity in other workplaces, and the
salary/grade thing seldom was looked upon as an issue.

The one perceived inequity that always bugged me was that I had to pay the
same health insurance premium for myself and my wife as the employee who had
a wife and seven children.

Before I retired, they did offer cash incentives to get some of us
high-cost, 30+ year employees to leave early, so management certainly
recognized what you mention.

Bruce

Bruce

Old March 28th 04, 01:13 AM
Byron L. Reed

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ 3sha91NLLFNQg

[...]

To email me click he
http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php

Old March 28th 04, 05:52 AM
Aladdin Sane

Oh PULLEASE!!!

I have never heard such a cock in all my life. Who is creating the jobs for
these highly educated Americans? The economy can only create new businesses
oportunities at a certain rate, and then the pay will not match the lost
wages in most cases, causing loss of revenue for local, state and federal
coffers, which means that roads don't get fixed, people go sick without
medical attention, and the standard of living for most americans falls.

I ask, Have you been trickled on lately?

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old March 28th 04, 07:43 AM
DAYK

An interesting discussion, But, it has nothing to do with purpose of this
newsgroup.
Old March 28th 04, 04:53 PM
Stephen Moore

Maybe the "greedy" labor unions who demand 30.00/hour for a employee
to put screws in a refrigerator door should make up for this mythical
lost medicine attention and cost of living decline. No one is
guaranteed a job. Or maybe you'd like to have the US Government
create jobs. We've all seen how that works. Two overpaid workers
doing the same job as one in the private sector. Legalized welfare.

People loose jobs everyday and MOST of them will find another one even
if it is at a lower pay rate. There are no guarantees. Quite crying
and start looking for work.

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:52:10 -0800, "Aladdin Sane"
wrote:

Oh PULLEASE!!!

I have never heard such a cock in all my life. Who is creating the jobs for
these highly educated Americans? The economy can only create new businesses
oportunities at a certain rate, and then the pay will not match the lost
wages in most cases, causing loss of revenue for local, state and federal
coffers, which means that roads don't get fixed, people go sick without
medical attention, and the standard of living for most americans falls.

I ask, Have you been trickled on lately?

Steve M
Old March 28th 04, 05:22 PM
Aladdin Sane

Which refridgerator door screwer gets $30/hr? How many make that amount?

Prove your point. Give us three examples by citing the contract that
produces such economic largees.

And if someone makes this salary, where do they spend it? In their
neighborhood and country, stimulating paying jobs for grocery workers,
furniture makers, and providing tax revenue to maintain highways and
socitial infrastructure HERE.

Otherwise you are just making up "FACTS".

--
*
/?\