Philly Show!

Old March 14th 04, 09:47 PM
Beamer

Default Philly Show!

Hi again!
For those of you who will be attending the Philly Show this coming
April, We will be setting up 5 tables as usual and will have hundreds of
sets and wax boxes including 3 very rare Rittenhouse Archive boxes and
we will also have a HUGE selection of chase, pieceworks and autograph
cards. We will be bringing rare and unusual cards, such as Disney
Sketch cards! If there is something you want us to bring for you, just
let me know ahead of time and I will make sure we will have it for you.
Looking forward to seeing you all again!
Tom & Michael
Unique Cards, Inc.

Old March 15th 04, 04:58 AM
Mars53

Singles would be nice to bring to a show, but the table cost verse profit on
them is not in the game. Different set singles sell for different prices again
something to watch over at a show. Why not just use the newsgroup to find what
you're looking for?

Just my two cents
Old March 16th 04, 12:25 AM
James Rutledge

And this happened because the main singles guy stopped coming to the show so
no one bothered to bring their lists.
The back up other singles guy will not be there this year.
Neither will Inkworks, I understand.
And Mike, ya mighta made more money if you had singles from releases within
the past 5-10 years
Sorry, but ya tend ta have the older older older cards.
If ya'll have singles, then post it and let us know. Fill our burgeoning
want lists, please!!
Okay, now ya can all yell at me some more

Subject: Philly Show!
From: (Mars53)
Date: 3/14/04 11:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
Singles would be nice to bring to a show, but the table cost verse profit

on
them is not in the game. Different set singles sell for different prices
again
something to watch over at a show. Why not just use the newsgroup to find
what
you're looking for?

Just my two cents

And good sense it is!

2 years ago, I brought fifteen 5k boxes (75,000) singles and sold random
singles @ .20 a piece. It amazed me the number of times I heard "Darn, I

didn't
bring my lists.."

The profit numbers were NOT worth the haul so to speak and the shocks on

my car
didn't like it either ::smile::

Mike Surratt
www.mikzcardz.com

Old March 16th 04, 12:49 AM
Beamer

James,
Sometimes there are dealers that bring 5,000 count boxes of singles, but
because of the huge amount of wax, sets and chase, we can't bring them.
Sorry. Hopefully we will have something that you will like!
Please look us up!
Thanks!
Michael, Unique Cards

Old March 16th 04, 06:54 AM
MIKZCARDZ

Date: 3/14/04 11:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
[...]

A Snide Comment for me???

FYI James, you have no idea what my inventory is at the moment and I still
believe that you can find singles at Philly from the 1800's, right?

BTW, why don't you share with everyone your support of (Balt-DC) area dealers
by trying to "trade" with everyone and pretending to be a dealer. I have no
idea why are you in the room(s) before the paying customers?

And.. when was the last time (if ever) that you paid a table fee??? Or, for
that matter, how much folding money has left your hands and has graced the
palms of Zeno, Laura, Bob, or even myself???

Some nerve man...I'm just trying to make a few extra bucks and was involved in
a discussion about my experiences of actually making the effort to bring
singles to Philly.

Hey -- its not too late to get a table -- bring all those singles you must
have...

Then you will have earned a right to spit tobacco on the front porch with the
rest of the hard working, risk taking dealers.

Mike Surratt
www.mikzcardz.com
Old March 16th 04, 12:53 PM
NobleGB

I'll have lots of Early tobacco cards as singles, plus sets. But probably too
early for you, unless you want to start collecting "real" insert cards

Dave Grimes
Dave Grimes
Check out my WEB Page at
http://members.aol.com/noblegb/page/text.html

Old March 16th 04, 05:19 PM
James Rutledge

Wow, someone needs both a sense of humor and a dose of reality!
First off Mr. Happy Pants, I am in the room early cuz I actually work for
Derek. I get there a good three hours early and set up with him cuz its
fun, not hard work like you claim. If you ever talked to him you would know
that. Or if you had bothered to ask instead of just developing an eroneous
and prejudicial, baseless anger towards me.
And yes, I trade a LOT. I trade online and locally and have made some
amazing trades, into the thousands of dollars. That's not wrong, its
freaking amazing. Toot, there goes my own horn.
And People with stock that comes from recent releases get cash money from me
all the time, Zena and Laura and Derek (and who the hell is Bob anyway?) can
attest to this. They will also admit to many trades as well, but that is
their choice, and really none of your damned business! What, are we
jealous?
This past weekend in fact, at yet another show in the Tysons area you did
not set up at, I spent cash money. And will do so again this next weekend
in Maryland at another show I understand you won't be at.
Never paid for a table. Don't want to. I trade, sell only on rare
occasions and only on ebay when I just plain need the cash for whatever
reasons.
You need to calm down. And get yer facts straight. Then try attacking
again with some ammo instead of a plastic gun

Old March 16th 04, 07:36 PM
MIKZCARDZ

From: "James Rutledge"
Date: 3/16/04 12:19 PM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

Funny (and a fact), you used to be a customer of mine on occasion and then it
became a "let's trade" thing. That's my own personal experience with you.
*Trades* do not pay for my table fees and if I were to have an attitude about
that, that's my right as a DEALER. As a collector, I also have had the
wonderful experience of trading with many many (1,000's) of people all over the
world, so? Did you get a horn for this?

Also, why should I ask Derek about his help? If I have a question at McDonalds,
I ask the manager, not the guy flippin' burgers in the back.

Speaking of Derek, he's never questioned my inventory/business ethic (in
private or on a public newsgroup) and actually, I made a trade with him
recently for some older sets. They must have some value to him or would that be
for a "paying" customer of his??

Speaking of value, my experience has shown me (because I will not lay out
1,000's of dollars- the average wholesale case of cards is $600+) that it is
not cost-effective to buy new product and sell it to make small percentages off
boxes. I wait and buy for pennies on the dollar and sell for larger 100-fold+
proft margins. I'm not alone in the card world with this strategy.

I'm so thrilled that you consider it a fun thing to do in the AM setting up
someone elses product and I'm ever so proud that cash has actually left your
pocket for cards! I stand corrected on that point!

In the future, I suggest that you keep your childish commentary to yourself
about *my* business practices and your distance from me at the Timonium,MD show
March 28th or any future show I set up at. BTW, have you missed me at Tyson's
or something, you're not getting sweet on me, are you?

Mike Surratt
www.mikzcardz.com