QUEST: LOTR Chrome

Old November 5th 04, 10:06 PM
MJB

Default QUEST: LOTR Chrome

Since folks here seem in the mood to discuss, I bought
1 box of the LOTR Chrome cards, and then packs from my local
comic shop.

From the full box I got 2 autos & 1 costume card (as expected).
From the packs I managed to get 1 costume card (a good one too !)
But, as far as they know, no autos were pulled from that box
(and I bought most all of the packs in it over a 2 week period).

Anyone have any boxes without autographs in them ?

Out of the nearly 2 boxes I was not able to build 1 complete
common set either. I'm still 1 card shy (I'll get it soon, don't
worry

Was it hard for anyone else to put a complete common set together ?

What's the best way to store an entire set of chrome cards ? They
seem to be curling up already !

Thanks !!

--Mike
Old November 6th 04, 04:55 AM
Lynne Stewart

I just sent out a set of chrome cards for star wars. I don't know that I
noticed the curling, sounds like a painful death though I wonder if you
put them in the gaming sleeves ultra pro made and then into pages if that
would help?

"MJB" wrote in message
Since folks here seem in the mood to discuss, I bought
1 box of the LOTR Chrome cards, and then packs from my local
comic shop.

From the full box I got 2 autos & 1 costume card (as expected).
From the packs I managed to get 1 costume card (a good one too !)

Old November 7th 04, 04:26 AM
Lynne Stewart

I do that on most of my insert cards so I can handle them easier if I ened
to. THe gaming card sleeves are alot like the penny sleeves but thicker and
might offer a bit of added restraint against curling

"MJB" wrote in message

Well, either a painful death or a Winter Olympic sport -- a form of
slow death (just kidding).

I've noticed that some kinds of cards just don't like to stay flat.
The lenticular cards are very much like that. I saw someone else
say that they use a soft sleeve then into the ultra-pro pages. I'll
give that a shot I think....

Thanks !

"Lynne Stewart" wrote in news:da6dncE0sv-v1hHcRVn-
:

"MJB" wrote in message
Since folks here seem in the mood to discuss, I bought
1 box of the LOTR Chrome cards, and then packs from my local
comic shop.

From the full box I got 2 autos & 1 costume card (as expected).
From the packs I managed to get 1 costume card (a good one too !)

Old November 8th 04, 03:51 PM
MooseJaw00

My box contain 1 Auto and 1 costume.....both Viggo~
I do bought 5 extra packs the other day....my set is now 4 cards short.

Gordon from Hong Kong

"MJB" ¦b¶l¥ó ¤¤¼¶
¼g...
Since folks here seem in the mood to discuss, I bought
1 box of the LOTR Chrome cards, and then packs from my local
comic shop.

From the full box I got 2 autos & 1 costume card (as expected).
From the packs I managed to get 1 costume card (a good one too !)

Old November 9th 04, 03:07 PM
MJB

"MooseJaw00" wrote in
:

My box contain 1 Auto and 1 costume.....both Viggo~
I do bought 5 extra packs the other day....my set is now 4 cards short.

Gordon from Hong Kong

Interesting, my one auto card was Viggo as Aragorn,
then I got the Carl Urban auto and the Frodo Tunic costume
in that box. I pulled Sam's Tunic from the individual packs I bought.

I'm still 1 card shy of a common set, and since my dealer is out of
them I'll have to hit a card show or two in December and get the
last single....

Have fun hunting for the card(s) you're looking for....
Old November 10th 04, 10:24 AM
Gordon

Lucky me~
trying to complete my set (4 cards short), I open 10 packs today,
not only I complete my set, I pulled 2 autos from the 10 packs~~
Now I have 3 autos from the set, might try to buy Liv Tyler and David Wenham
auto from ebay.
My 3 autos..
Viggo as King Elessar
Stephen Ure as Gorbag