GB Smilers Sheets - Where to Buy

Old February 5th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default GB Smilers Sheets - Where to Buy

Hi,

I have recently started collecting GB Smilers sheets mainly buying from ebay
or Rushstamps. I now see that in addition to the Royal Mail issue there have
been 2006 issues for Spring Stampex and Concorde 30th Anniversary.

Where on earth do I find out about these issues before they come out and is
it possible to buy them at source rather than paying a large mark-up? I am
in the UK.

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Old February 5th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

try Ian Billings ... Norvic Stamps UK ... he details all the special
cancels as well ...

cheers

Old February 5th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"phos45" wrote in message
oups.com...
try Ian Billings ... Norvic Stamps UK ... he details all the special
cancels as well ...

cheers

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I've had a look at the site. Like Rushstamps they
retail the sheets. What I am trying to track down is the issuer of the
sheets so that I can buy them at source when they are released. I never see
them advertised until they hit ebay! How does anyone know they are about to
issue?
Cheers, Steve

Old February 5th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Are you aware of the GB 2006 Paddington Bear (Aninal Tales) smilers
issued Jan. 10?
http://www.norvic-philatelics.co.uk/2006/kidz-lit.htm

On March 7, there will be another set of smilers featuring "Fruit and
Veg".
http://www.norvic-philatelics.co.uk/...uitsmilers.htm

Blair

Old February 5th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. It's not the
Royal Mail smilers it's the ones like the new 2006 Concorde 30th
Anniversary, Spring Stampex, RMS Titanic etc all listed he
http://www.rushstamps.co.uk/gb/qe2/g..._sheetlets.htm. I have no idea
where the non-Royal Mail ones come from, how to order direct etc. They just
seem to appear from nowhere on ebay and with Rushstamps.
Steve

oups.com...

Old February 7th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

I may be wrong but I think you are talking about Royal Mail customised
sheets.
You submit a photograph and RM make a sheet with ? 20 first class stamps and
20 labels of your photo.
Maybe Rushstamps are making limited editions and flogging them at a premium.
I cant imagine they will ever make catalogue status.

Just my humble guess.!

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "Steve" wrote:

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. It's not the
Royal Mail smilers it's the ones like the new 2006 Concorde 30th
Anniversary, Spring Stampex, RMS Titanic etc all listed he
http://www.rushstamps.co.uk/gb/qe2/g..._sheetlets.htm. I have no

idea
where the non-Royal Mail ones come from, how to order direct etc. They

just
seem to appear from nowhere on ebay and with Rushstamps.
Steve

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are you aware of the GB 2006 Paddington Bear (Aninal Tales) smilers
issued Jan. 10?
http://www.norvic-philatelics.co.uk/2006/kidz-lit.htm

On March 7, there will be another set of smilers featuring "Fruit and
Veg".
http://www.norvic-philatelics.co.uk/...uitsmilers.htm

Blair

I thought most non-official sheets were produced by Rushstamps. Ask them.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :

Old February 7th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Certainly Rushstamps are responsible for some of the sheets but I think
businesses also commission limited editions. There's a new 30th Anniversary
of Concorde just released selling for £45 to £120! Would love to know where
to buy at face value!

Cheers,
Steve

"Ron Jackson" wrote in message
[...]

oups.com...

Old February 7th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

In a recent message "Steve" wrote:

Certainly Rushstamps are responsible for some of the sheets but I think
businesses also commission limited editions. There's a new 30th Anniversary
of Concorde just released selling for £45 to £120! Would love to know where
to buy at face value!

Cheers,
Steve

Even the official sheets are well above 'face value'

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coinsoftheuk.info
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... President/VicePresident is undefined. Cannot divide by zero.
Old February 8th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. It's not the Royal
Mail smilers it's the ones like the new 2006 Concorde 30th Anniversary, Spring
Stampex, RMS Titanic etc all listed he
http://www.rushstamps.co.uk/gb/qe2/g..._sheetlets.htm. I have no idea
where the non-Royal Mail ones come from, how to order direct etc. They just
seem to appear from nowhere on ebay and with Rushstamps.
Steve

I think you may find some interesting info' at:

www.bfdc.co.uk

Mainly FDC's but includes some inside info' on future release dates
and a few specially designed miniature sheets.

Regards,

David.