Smilers Sheets

Old September 9th 04, 11:07 PM
Tony Clayton

Default Smilers Sheets

I was astonished to learn from a friend recently that some of
the early Smilers Sheets (also known as Post Office Label Sheets)
were fetching silly prices.

Then the 2004 SG Concise Catalogue came out, and I saw
that LS2 and LS3 were catalogued at 380 UKP, with
LS2a and LS3a unpriced (these have a very minor change
with an imprint changed from Post Office 2000 to Consignia 2001).

The latter are on offer from Arthur Ryan for about 750 UKP
for the pair!

I have eagerly checked my two, and to my delight I find that
I have the Consignia 2001 variety.

If not World Cruise, perhaps Cross-channel time!

What silly money - there must be more out there.

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
Old September 14th 04, 07:42 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Tony Clayton" skrev i en meddelelse
I was astonished to learn from a friend recently that some of
the early Smilers Sheets (also known as Post Office Label Sheets)
were fetching silly prices.

Then the 2004 SG Concise Catalogue came out, and I saw
that LS2 and LS3 were catalogued at 380 UKP, with
LS2a and LS3a unpriced (these have a very minor change
with an imprint changed from Post Office 2000 to Consignia 2001).

The latter are on offer from Arthur Ryan for about 750 UKP
for the pair!

I have eagerly checked my two, and to my delight I find that
I have the Consignia 2001 variety.

If not World Cruise, perhaps Cross-channel time!

What silly money - there must be more out there.

Tony, what is a Smiler Sheet?
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Old September 14th 04, 11:46 PM
Rodney

Hi Mette,
I was curious also,
looks like they are some sort of Souvenir Sheet
created by similar methods of personalised sheetlets
whereby the "smiler" is the tab se-tenant to the std issue.

There are some here
http://www.stampsforsale.co.uk/eliza...ilersheets.htm

Old September 15th 04, 08:50 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Mette,
I was curious also,
looks like they are some sort of Souvenir Sheet
created by similar methods of personalised sheetlets
whereby the "smiler" is the tab se-tenant to the std issue.

There are some here
http://www.stampsforsale.co.uk/eliza...ilersheets.htm

Thanks Rodney :-) Now I understand much better. Nice when such items can
fetch good prices :-)
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)