Yet again.

Old November 9th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default Yet again.

Bidders with extreme visual impairment buy on ebay.

This seller has been on my "do not buy from" list for a long time, other
members of the Banknote Society of Scotland have mentioned him to me as
being on their list also, and this note illustrates very well why.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200171875469

It's most certainly not "high grade" as it appears to have been ironed and
washed.

The lower signature, which is hand signed, has all but vanished and there's
a nasty smudge below where it once was. The back has a white cross where
the dirt was that was removed by cleaning the note.

It has no place in any collection but as a curiosity I would value it at £5
to £10.

This note look a bit flat, they were folded before issue and I see no sign
of the folds, and there's no pic of the back.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANK-OF-SCOTLA...mZ200171884645

This one is not as bad as it's so bad it's impossible to describe it
incorrectly, almost.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUMFRIES-COMME...mZ200171880831

It is difficult to get one better than this but not impossible as he is
implying.

The thing is he will probably get positive feedback from buyers who know no
better, they will see the error of their ways when they try selling to a
respectable dealer or an experienced collector. Billy

Old November 12th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message
Bidders with extreme visual impairment buy on ebay.

This seller has been on my "do not buy from" list for a long time, other
members of the Banknote Society of Scotland have mentioned him to me as
being on their list also, and this note illustrates very well why.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200171875469

Ten bids so far and at £126.73, not bad going for a note worth £10 maximum.
Billy

Old November 12th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Ukraina Dvi

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
Bidders with extreme visual impairment buy on ebay.

This seller has been on my "do not buy from" list for a long time, other
members of the Banknote Society of Scotland have mentioned him to me as
being on their list also, and this note illustrates very well why.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200171875469

Ten bids so far and at £126.73, not bad going for a note worth £10
maximum. Billy

My beater piece aF is worth more than that, at least it is original and has
real Clydebank sludge on it.

Old November 12th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Whata Fool

"note.boy" wrote:

The thing is he will probably get positive feedback from buyers who know
no better, they will see the error of their ways when they try selling to
a respectable dealer or an experienced collector. Billy

Are older world banknotes really that plentiful?

I am very unhappy with the way the big coin shops and
even the banks in the US that do currency exchange treat
world currency and coins.

The biggest coin shop in the 14th largest city offered me
5 or 10 cents apiece for Canadian, British, and Australian coins,
including a Pound coin, and dollar coins of Canada and Australia.
They didn't even want to look at the currency, including
some mint notes, and a 5000 Yen note.

I am under the impression that most countries (at least
before the Euro) would exchange for dollars, possibly with
reluctance.

The bank that did do some Canadian and Italian
exchange did some Canadian and Italian currency, but
they don't do coins at all.
The book they use with images was a surprise too,
apparently only recent issues are exchanged in the US,
I am pretty sure the mint or near mint 10 Guilders can be
redeemed for Euros, and I think a note that colorful would
be in some demand now that so many have been turned in.

I feel sorry for any visitors to the US that have trouble
exchanging currency, but hopefully if it is recent issue, they
don't have a problem.

Old November 13th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"Whata Fool" wrote in message
"note.boy" wrote:

The thing is he will probably get positive feedback from buyers who know
no better, they will see the error of their ways when they try selling
a respectable dealer or an experienced collector. Billy

Are older world banknotes really that plentiful?

It's not the availability of older notes that's the problem with this
seller, the problem is the gross overgrading of notes that appear to have
been pressed and/or washed. Billy

Old November 18th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

It ended at £270 which is a lot of money for a note that appears to have
been pressed and washed, the hand signature seems to have run, the back is
heavily stained, why do some people bid with their eyes shut?

Hype has won the day, again. Billy

"note.boy" wrote in message
Now at £220, oh dear. Billy

Old November 28th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Positive feedback has now been given in both directions for the 3 notes the
one buyer bought from this seller. Billy

"note.boy" wrote in message
It ended at £270 which is a lot of money for a note that appears to have
been pressed and washed, the hand signature seems to have run, the back is
heavily stained, why do some people bid with their eyes shut?

Hype has won the day, again. Billy

"note.boy" wrote in message
Now at £220, oh dear. Billy