Rockola 1475 Tempo - Record not selecting

Old December 20th 11, 10:39 PM
smazik smazik is offline
Junior Member

Default Rockola 1475 Tempo - Record not selecting

I have a Rockola 1959 Tempo. When I have a series of songs selected, it scrolls through a few, the carousel finds the next record in line, and then nothing happens. The turntable still spins but no record is selected. This just started the other week. I turned off the jukebox and then the next time I turned it on, it selected the record and worked fine again, but this problem has happened again a couple times. First few times it worked by itself, but this time, I can't get it to select the record. If I turn the jukebox on, the turntable keeps spinning, but no record selects. Any ideas?

Last edited by smazik : December 20th 11 at 10:42 PM.
Old December 21st 11, 02:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
NJ Mike

--
smazik

If I understand correctly, what you are saying is that, for example,
you pick record number 24, 45 and 60. Records 24 plays and rejects,
45 is selected, plays and rejects. The the record carousel rotates to
record position 60, stops, and then does not play the record. The
turntable continues to spin.

Is this correct?

Mike
Old December 21st 11, 09:33 PM
smazik smazik is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mike View Post
On Dec 20, 5:39*pm, smazik
wrote:
[...]

Yes...that is correct.

If I turn the jukebox off and then on again, the turntable spins, but the record still doesn't select. A couple times after I turned on the jukebox, the record would select and play out the rest of the sequence. I can then select several songs, but it eventually will happen again. Any thoughts?
Old December 26th 11, 08:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

If the condition you are describing is that the machine stops at a
record but the gripper bow does not move, the most likely causes a

1) Defective microswitch on the cam that is part of the gripper bow
shaft. Take the mech cover off and run the machine till the problem
shows up. Then tap or flex the actuator rollers on each of the micros
to see if you get the gripper motor to start.

2) Pitted contacts on the gripper motor relay in the service switch
box.

3) Burned out winding(s) on the gripper motor. What happens in this
case is that occasionally the motor will come to a stop on a faulty
section of the armature and be unable to start again. From your
description I doubt this is the case here, but you can test for this
by -slightly- turning the motor shaft (at rear) when it stalls.

I sold the last R-O of this vintage (a 1465) in late 1995 so there may
be some other cause that I have overlooked, but these are most common.

Rob/NYC

Old December 28th 11, 09:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
NJ Mike

Rob,
Just wondering how the gripper bow can work with some selections and
not others. Wouldn't the conditions 1-3, not allow the gripper to
work at all?

Mike

Problem: Wurlitzer 24 selecting only last record [email protected] Juke Boxes 2 December 16th 08 07:22 PM
Rockola 1464 pennyarcadecollector Juke Boxes 3 May 19th 08 10:33 PM
rockola 1464 flashbk13 Juke Boxes 0 March 28th 08 06:52 PM
AMI R-89 not always selecting proper record [email protected] Juke Boxes 5 August 9th 06 02:55 PM
Rockola 477 not selecting Michael Bird Juke Boxes 2 April 20th 04 03:59 AM