1965 Seeburg Discoteque Jukebox Model PFEAU1 Questions?

Old September 28th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default 1965 Seeburg Discoteque Jukebox Model PFEAU1 Questions?

Hello, I purchased the manual for this JB but it does not answer most
of my questions, can anyone help please?

1] What's the "Release" button for?

2] What are the actual selections for this JB? The sitcker on the left
says 5 selections for a quarter but I am only getting 2 songs?

3] What are the payment options for selections? Only quarters or can I
use nickels, dimes and 50-cent pieces?

4] What's the purpose of the coin slot button which presses downwards?

5] When changing the records, the armature or mechanism which holds
and plays the records is always stationed to the right of the record
stack thereby blocking the last 10 or 15 record slots. Which is the
best way to move the mechanism to the left so I can easily load the
records?

6] Does anyone have or know where I can get the wiring instructions
for the PRVC3 Remote?

7] How does the "credit" system work in the JB?

8] Where can I get the 3 stickers located on the top front of the JB?
One to the left and 2 to the right?

Thanks.
Old September 28th 08, 11:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:57:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hello, I purchased the manual for this JB but it does not answer most
of my questions, can anyone help please?

1] What's the "Release" button for?

To release the selector keys if you made an incorrect selection. This
only works as long as one key (a letter OR a number, but not both) is
pressed.

2] What are the actual selections for this JB? The sitcker on the left
says 5 selections for a quarter but I am only getting 2 songs?

It all depends on how the Pricing Unit is set up.

3] What are the payment options for selections? Only quarters or can I
use nickels, dimes and 50-cent pieces?

Should take all. It should have a UDPU4 Pricing Unit in it, and a con
rejector for all four coins.

4] What's the purpose of the coin slot button which presses downwards?

To release a bent coin that might be hanging up the coin rejector

5] When changing the records, the armature or mechanism which holds
and plays the records is always stationed to the right of the record
stack thereby blocking the last 10 or 15 record slots. Which is the
best way to move the mechanism to the left so I can easily load the
records?

Put the service switch in the scan position to get the mech scanning,
then put it in the off position once the carriage has moved past the
records you want to change. Make sure you put the service switch back
in the on position once you're done.

6] Does anyone have or know where I can get the wiring instructions
for the PRVC3 Remote?

Check my website:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/prvc.htm for a schematic

7] How does the "credit" system work in the JB?

See my book 'Seeburg Console-Era Jukeboxes' for a complete description
on how the Pricing Unit works:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/books.htm

8] Where can I get the 3 stickers located on the top front of the JB?
One to the left and 2 to the right?

Probably from www.victoryglass.com

Cheers,

Tony Miller
Thanks.

Old September 29th 08, 11:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Thank you very much for the quick answers Tony. Just got a couple more
if you won't mind please?
1] Right now, without having the Remote switch connected, is there a
way to reject a song?

2] I would like to get 3 selections for a quarter, is this possible,
if so how can I do this? If not,how can I adjust the pricing unit to
give 5 selections for a quarter?

Thanks.