03-04 BAP Memorabilia

Old December 28th 03, 09:17 PM
Michael Gauf

Default 03-04 BAP Memorabilia

Is it just me or has 03-04 BAP Memorabilia landed/crashed with a thud in
the market? Few seem to be buying, trading or selling much of this
product. Has In the Game lost its luster?

Mike

Old December 28th 03, 09:52 PM
Brian

I would have to agree with George. The market is so over saturated with
cards as of right now. Heck I have been trying to sell my Game worn jersey
cards for awhile now and they are not selling at all. either here or even on
Ebay. Just type in Game worn jerseys on Ebay and see what you can pick up
for cheap.

I also have Invincible RC's for sale for what it is worth.

Old December 28th 03, 10:55 PM
Jean-Francois Allan

I fully agree. Too much products on the market. Demand is not there, so
prices of cards are going down... but not prices of boxes!

Old December 29th 03, 12:55 AM
Steve Angel

Again, I think JF and I agree: Too many products, not enough interest.

There was a time, not TOO long ago, when having a jersey was novel. Or
limited serial numbered parallels. Or autographs. Or hot rookies. Or
show stamped cards. Or 1/1s.

Too much EVERYTHING, and it comes without any pauses or breaks. The
card companies may wish to take note: they got better sell-through on
products when there were fewer products, AND a three-month hiatus from
new products in the summer.

Really, is there any point to this deluge from the card companies?

--

"Always carry a small flagon of whisky in case of
snakebite, and, more importantly, always carry a

Old December 29th 03, 05:01 AM
gangster

I think everyone is missing something here or are just assuming everyone
knows, but too me it's
all about one thing for the card companies. "PROFIT" The hobby of
collecting means absolutely nothing
to the companies, it's all bottom line. They seem to think the consumer will
just keep on buying irregardless
of price or quality. The stuff I have purchased so far for 03-04 is crap,
you would think with the years
that Upper Deck and In The Game, etc have been producing cards that they
would have perfected a
process by now that would cut down on the garbage going into packs. NOT,
just get it out the door as
fast as possible and move on to the next series of junk. The first box of UD
I opened this year more than
half the cards were not fit to use in making a set or trading cards to build
it.

I guess I have ranted long enough for one night.

I hope everyone has a great New Year's.

Paul