toy coin bank

Old September 8th 03, 02:46 AM
T Hughes

Default toy coin bank

I am looking for a toy coin bank that you put coins into, and it separates
coins into columns based on their value. i.e. nickels go with nickels,
dimes with dimes, etc.

I had one years ago, but I wonder whether anything like this is still make
these days.

Tom

Old September 8th 03, 03:15 PM
Jerry Dennis

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "toy," but my son picked up a coin counter
in Wal-Mart about two years ago. You drop your coins into the hopper on top,
turn it on (battery powered), the base spins and drops the coins into the
appropriate tubes. When the tube(s) is/are full, you have a roll of coins,
ready for wrapping. I believe he paid about $10 for it.

Jerry

"Tom Hughes" asks:

Old September 8th 03, 11:45 PM
The Numismasochist

I use the same thing for rolling coins that I am going to take back to
the bank. It's cheap, and once in a while you can get a coin jammed in
the rotating hopper thingy, but it works for me. You have to pretty
much drop one or two in at a time. It really sucks if you try to push
it too fast. Got it for a dollar at a garage sale. It beats stuffing
paper rolls by hand by a long shot, and you don't have to count them.

On 08 Sep 2003 14:15:08 GMT, haw (Jerry Dennis)
wrote:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "toy," but my son picked up a coin counter
in Wal-Mart about two years ago. You drop your coins into the hopper on top,
turn it on (battery powered), the base spins and drops the coins into the
appropriate tubes. When the tube(s) is/are full, you have a roll of coins,
ready for wrapping. I believe he paid about $10 for it.

Jerry

"Tom Hughes" asks:

I am looking for a toy coin bank that you put coins into, and it separates
coins into columns based on their value. i.e. nickels go with nickels,
dimes with dimes, etc.

I had one years ago, but I wonder whether anything like this is still make
these days.

Mickey