have ebay alert notices gone haywire?

Old November 11th 04, 01:51 PM
Ian

Default have ebay alert notices gone haywire?

I just received an alert notice from ebay in relation to an auction I
have in my `watched items'. The alert basically says `hurry, ending in
the next five hours.'

However, the auction doesn't end for another three days. I just checked
to make sure.

Is it just my alerts or are other people getting the same?

I'd let ebay know but seem to have made it so difficult to do that that
I don't think i'll bother.
Old November 11th 04, 05:13 PM
hikari

Ian wrote:

Is it just my alerts or are other people getting the same?

I just got one for an auction that doesn't end for another couple of days.

--
hikari
Old November 12th 04, 12:49 AM
John DeBoo

Ian wrote:

I just received an alert notice from ebay in relation to an auction I
have in my `watched items'. The alert basically says `hurry, ending in
the next five hours.'

However, the auction doesn't end for another three days. I just checked
to make sure.

Is it just my alerts or are other people getting the same?

I'd let ebay know but seem to have made it so difficult to do that that
I don't think i'll bother.

Mine are all hosed up too. I've even gotten some saying an auction will
be closing in the next 5 hours, 5 hours after the auction closed. I've
even gotten outbid notices well after auctions closed, usually 2 hours
or more. When I contacted their CS twice, their comment both times was
their system was working fine and my problem was with my ISP - in this
case Comcast. This is bogus as the alerts are the only things thats
screwed up. Other notifications via eBay work just fne, and I've no
problem with newsgroup postings nor emails, only eBay alerts.