Tech: R-88 standard or as selected?

Old February 19th 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Tech: R-88 standard or as selected?

Okay, I fixed (with help from you all) my turntable problem. Now
another issue. I have the computer set to test mode to achieve free
play and the "std/as selected " switch set to standard. That works
fine. I understand this causes less wear to the mech since it plays
the records in the order they are in the mech and not as they were
selected. When I set the switch to "as selected" it starts playing 101
even though I did not select it and then continues playing random
unselected songs. I tried putting in Normal mode instead of test and I
get the same thing. Any Ideas what i am doing wrong? I can live with
it as it is but it is nicer to have the selections play in the order
they were picked. Thanks, Steve
Old February 20th 08, 10:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:
Okay, I fixed (with help from you all) my turntable problem. Now
another issue. I have the computer set to test mode to achieve free
play and the "std/as selected " switch set to standard. That works
fine. I understand this causes less wear to the mech since it plays
the records in the order they are in the mech and not as they were
selected. When I set the switch to "as selected" it starts playing 101
even though I did not select it and then continues playing random
unselected songs. I tried putting in Normal mode instead of test and I
get the same thing. Any Ideas what i am doing wrong? I can live with
it as it is but it is nicer to have the selections play in the order
they were picked. Thanks, Steve

could be a RAM chip problem

Remove (or short terminals of) battery for a few seconds, and try
again. you will have to repropgram all your settins in again however
- so make sure you know how to do this before you clear the memory

I am not 100% sure on this but have heard that therre are 2 types of
CCC board on this model. the one i had was fitted with a CCC that
looks the same as the R89-94 (but isnt) and have heard of others that
use r-84-87 CCC.

actually if the battery is the original, replace it. the r88 i had
used a lithium coin cell.
Old February 20th 08, 12:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 5:52*am, kreed wrote:
On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:

[...]

I cleaned out the sticky foam and looked for loose solder joints, I
didn't see any. It didn't fix it. I will order a new battery. Is it
hard to change it? I could not clearly see where the leads are
soldered to the board.
Old February 20th 08, 12:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 5:52*am, kreed wrote:
On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:

[...]

It is not the same computer as the one in an R-93, It is the older
one. It has that little black rectangular variac battery, I cleaned

Old February 21st 08, 10:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Feb 20, 10:34 pm, wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:52 am, kreed wrote:

On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:

[...]

you can probably just remove the battery anyway - as it just holds the
popularity statistics, and you probably dont need these unless the
machine is on location

its not hard to remove the battery if you know how to solder.

if this doesnt fix the problem, then change the 5101 cmos rams. These
hold selection data etc and probably have a "stuck bit" in them thats
making that selection play for no good reason.
Old February 23rd 08, 03:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 21, 5:36*am, kreed wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:34 pm, wrote:

On Feb 20, 5:52 am, kreed wrote:

On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:

[...]

making that selection play for no good reason.- Hide quoted text -

Well I tried removing the battery and got the same thing. Put in a new
battery, no good either. Since my soldering skills suck, I decided to
send it to Bruce Wentworth for repair on Monday.
Old March 5th 08, 03:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 23, 10:19*am, wrote:
On Feb 21, 5:36*am, kreed wrote:

On Feb 20, 10:34 pm, wrote:

On Feb 20, 5:52 am, kreed wrote:

On Feb 20, 2:45 am, wrote:

[...]

send it to Bruce Wentworth for repair on Monday.- Hide quoted text -

Well I got my computer back from abjukeboxrepair dot com and now of
course it works great. My advice to anyone having an issue with these
boards is to just go ahead and send it to Bruce Wentworth and get it
done right the first time.