Seeburg 100G decision (pics attached)

Old February 22nd 08, 04:38 AM
rmoody1695 rmoody1695 is offline
Junior Member

Default Seeburg 100G decision (pics attached)

I have found a Seeburg HF 100G that is unrestored and looks to be in solid shape for $900.00. Problem is it's 5 hours away from me. Do you guys think this machine is worth the drive? Also do you think that is the original mechanism? I have to pick it up this weekend if I'm going to get it. I have posted some pics below. Hopefully they will work. I wanted to just post the links but couldn't figure it out. Hopefully I haven't done something I shouldn't have.
Thanks for the help,
Rodney

Last edited by rmoody1695 : February 22nd 08 at 04:40 AM.
Old February 22nd 08, 03:52 PM
rmoody1695 rmoody1695 is offline
Junior Member

I failed to mention earlier that the jukebox recently stopped working and the owner has no idea how to fix it. Also, I'm near Atlanta and the jukebox is 5 hours South of here. Let me know what you guys think so I can decide if a road trip is in my near future.
Thanks,
Rodney
Old February 22nd 08, 04:14 PM
one&only one&only is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody1695 View Post
I failed to mention earlier that the jukebox recently stopped working and the owner has no idea how to fix it. Also, I'm near Atlanta and the jukebox is 5 hours South of here. Let me know what you guys think so I can decide if a road trip is in my near future.
Thanks,
Rodney
It looks like a C mech. G mech from my pictures was red base white covers. On a G the pilliasters are usually beat up. Looks ok in the pictures.good luck
Old February 22nd 08, 05:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 21, 11:38*pm, rmoody1695
wrote:
I have found a Seeburg HF 100G that is unrestored and looks to be in
solid shape for $900.00. *Problem is it's 5 hours away from me. *Do you
guys think this machine is worth the drive? *Also do you think that is
the original mechanism? *I have to pick it up this weekend if I'm going
to get it. *I have posted some pics below. *Hopefully they will work. *I
wanted to just post the links but couldn't figure it out. *Hopefully I
haven't done something I shouldn't have.
Thanks for the help,
Rodney

Looks like a C mech to me. I like the original finish, I wouldn't do
anything with that. Five hours is a Long drive. Last weekend I drove 2
hours for a crappy Rowe R-88 though.

Old February 22nd 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_2_]

If it wasn't for the 10 hour drive it would be a VERY good deal.
The cabinet looks REALLY nice, it's obviously complete, and the fact that it
has the wrong mech in it doesn't mean much unless you are completely anal
about something like that.
It's kind of like me having 1967 seatbelts in my 1968 GTO. No one other than
a HARDCORE collector would ever know or care.
I would say that in working condition this is a $1,500.00 juke if sold at a
coin op show. You have to take that into consideration before driving to get
it.
I've never been a person who considers a long drive to get a juke in my
"costs" of the machine, but a lot of people feel that their time is worth
"XX" amount of dollars per hour. I don't think that either opinion is right
or wrong. I don't consider a day spent going to get a juke any different
than if I was a golfer and spent the entire day on a golf course.
Anyway, it's a nice juke and you shouldn't lose any money on it unless the
amp and power transformer are completely scrap (and you won't know that
until you get it home).
Go for it!

'[image: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1985/seeburg2jh6.th.jpg]'
(http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seeburg2jh6.jpg)
'[image: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7319/seeburg3ln5.th.jpg]'
(http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eeburg3ln5.jpg)
'[image: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6500/seeburg5hw9.th.jpg]'
(http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seeburg5hw9.jpg)

--
rmoody1695

Old February 23rd 08, 11:24 PM
rmoody1695 rmoody1695 is offline
Junior Member

Picked it up today. As a matter of fact I just got home and it wasn't a bad trip. It was 11.5 hours total trip from West of Atlanta to Mobile. That includes the time of loading and stopping several times to check the juke. The first stop I made one of the side frames had come loose from the glass on the dome that raises. I had the juke standing up with the back of the cabinet against the cab of the truck and the glass had slid out of the frame at the hinge. If the wind had gotten under that it might have been very ugly. Anyway got it fixed up and home in one piece. The juke is in great shape with no cabinet rot. The only thing I missed in the pics was that one of the end caps on the mech is cracked, other than that, it's very solid. Going to check it out later tonight or in the morning. Will let you guys know what's going on when I turn on.
Thanks for the advice,
Rodney
Old February 24th 08, 02:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

In my oppinion the Seeburg G is the best looking of that era . For some
reason pictures of them never do them true justice .
As for the mechs i believe they are identical only painted different
colors .
The G has red & light blue as original

The Seeburg G has 2 speakers ( one is a tweeter ) When these are
restored and a decent cartridge is used you cant beat the great sound of
these .
You can get conversion kits to replace those pilasters so they light up
and rotate with color .

I own a Seeburg G that i fully restored from good original and added the
colored pilasters .

I have now in my possession a Seeburg model C that is not mine , just
fixing it for someone . I have had the chance to play around with it for
a while and its a neet jukebox but i would never in a million years
trade my G for it .

900$ is ok if you are going to keep it but i cant think of a finer
machine of that era to spend that money on .

Old February 24th 08, 05:00 PM
rmoody1695 rmoody1695 is offline
Junior Member

I actually have a 100C that was restored by someone else but had quit working when I bought it. Ended up being dirty contacts (I forget where) but I think I agree that the G is going to be a better looking juke once it's restored. I powered it up last night and it lights up and shows there is a credit as the "select" light is on but the buttons won't latch or remove credits from the machine. I think it's going to be dirty contacts in the selection receiver but haven't had a chance to check.
Thanks,
Rodney

Seeburg HF 100G top glass frame Juke Boxes 0 November 16th 04 04:58 AM
Help with trim and other parts in restoring Seeburg 100G Juke Boxes 9 November 4th 04 12:54 PM
WTB - Seeburg 100H, 100G, 100R, or 200V in the Denver / Colorado area Fred Juke Boxes 0 December 2nd 03 09:32 PM
Wire off 100g Doug Juke Boxes 0 August 22nd 03 03:33 AM
100g amp Doug Juke Boxes 0 August 22nd 03 03:23 AM