Who would likely vote to get rid of the $1 bill, as president?McCain, or Obama?

Old October 1st 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Who would likely vote to get rid of the $1 bill, as president?McCain, or Obama?

Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

Old October 1st 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Oct 1, 1:31�am, wrote:

Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

Old October 1st 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message
Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

Last I heard, presidents don't vote on such matters. And for all I know,
presidents don't even have to bother carrying their own cash, except for the
occasional book store / ice cream shoppe photo-op.

Old October 1st 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 1:31?am, wrote:

Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Which is correct to say:
Neither candidate could give a rat's ass. OR Neither candidate couldn't give
a rat's ass.
mk

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

Old October 1st 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article
,
Phil DeMayo wrote:

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

I agree it's not the President's business and that he'll be involved
with other things. But the elimination of the $1 bill is not an
obsession, it's a sensible and important step to keep our currency
system current and relevant. In these times, think of what we could do
for $500 million a year! That figure pales in comparison to $700
billion, but there are a lot of important programs that would love to
have a $500 million budget.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old October 1st 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Oct 1, 9:34*am, Paul Anderson wrote:
In article
,
*Phil DeMayo wrote:

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

I agree it's not the President's business and that he'll be involved
with other things. *But the elimination of the $1 bill is not an
obsession, it's a sensible and important step to keep our currency
system current and relevant. *In these times, think of what we could do
for $500 million a year! *That figure pales in comparison to $700
billion, but there are a lot of important programs that would love to
have a $500 million budget.

I keep seeing the $500 million figure bandied about but have not seen
anything to prove it.

Old October 1st 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Phil DeMayo wrote:

It won't even be on the next President's radar.
He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

I agree it's not the President's business and that he'll be involved
with other things. But the elimination of the $1 bill is not an
obsession, it's a sensible and important step to keep our currency
system current and relevant. In these times, think of what we could do
for $500 million a year! That figure pales in comparison to $700
billion, but there are a lot of important programs that would love to
have a $500 million budget.

I keep seeing the $500 million figure bandied about but have not seen
anything to prove it.

It was in a GAO report on the fiscal effects to taxpayers of replacing the $1
note with the coin - from when the Sac was being debated about 10 years ago.
That figure is likely well over $1billion/year by now.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old October 1st 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article
,
Voltronicus wrote:

I keep seeing the $500 million figure bandied about but have not seen
anything to prove it.

That figure was in a General Accounting Office study in 2000. I'm sure
someone has the URL handy.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old October 1st 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message
news
In article
,
Phil DeMayo wrote:

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

I agree it's not the President's business and that he'll be involved
with other things. But the elimination of the $1 bill is not an
obsession, it's a sensible and important step to keep our currency
system current and relevant.

Typical Phil. Every post must be filled with some sarcastic, hateful
remark.

Old October 1st 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Oct 1, 10:20*am, Paul Anderson wrote:
In article
,

*Voltronicus wrote:
I keep seeing the $500 million figure bandied about but have not seen
anything to prove it.

That figure was in a General Accounting Office study in 2000. *I'm sure
someone has the URL handy.

And, of course, the government would never lie to us.