error of postal cards

Old September 4th 03, 03:14 PM
Jin Peng

Default error of postal cards

I collected some errors of postal cards. I was wondering how the
errors were produced. It seems that someone intentionally cut whole
sheet of cards wrongly. Yes or no?

Please see scan:
http://www.5iyu.com/cntf/pict/USpostalcards.jpg

Jin
Old September 4th 03, 03:33 PM
Bob Ingraham

I doubt that the miscuts were intentional. Such errors are not listed in the
Scott U.S. Specialized Catalogue. I believe that a nominal premium is
normally charged for such cards, but I could be wrong.

Bob

Old September 4th 03, 03:36 PM
TC

On 4 Sep 2003 07:14:43 -0700, (Jin Peng) wrote:

I collected some errors of postal cards. I was wondering how the
errors were produced. It seems that someone intentionally cut whole
sheet of cards wrongly. Yes or no?

Please see scan:
http://www.5iyu.com/cntf/pict/USpostalcards.jpg

Jin

Jin:

I do not collect US, but I once heard that, at one time, people
could buy uncut sheets of US postal cards. If so, a collector
could have cut the sheet to produce these "errors".

Blair

Old September 4th 03, 04:03 PM
Jay T. Carrigan

Correct! The following quote is from Scott:

"Since 1875 it has been possible to purchase some postal cards in sheets
for multiple printing, hence pairs, strips and blocks are available.
Some sheets have been cut up so that cards exist with stamp inverted,
in the center of the card, two on one card, in another corner, etc.
These are only curiosities and of minimal value."

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Old September 4th 03, 09:48 PM
Tom Loepp

I have one uncut sheet of cards. The misprints that I have that are errors
and worth more are the revalued overprints (1 cent added).
tom

Old September 5th 03, 05:55 AM
Jin Peng

Thank you for the discussion.
I got a new knowledge.

Jin
Old September 5th 03, 11:53 AM
ELN/jobi01

All United States definitive postal cards were sold in sheets and in
singles. It may be possible that a miscut definitive postal card is
legitimate but not likely. Collectors and some dealers deliberately created
miscut cards for various reasons. Advertisements exist in the philatelic
press offering to provide any variety of miscut that could be imagined.

--
Bill Lehr
JOBI Philatelic Services
om...

Old September 6th 03, 05:46 AM
Jin Peng

Is this miscut postal card real error or deliberate error?

Please see:
http://www.5iyu.com/ewshop/992/9902073.jpg

Jin

"ELN/jobi01" wrote in message k.net...
All United States definitive postal cards were sold in sheets and in
singles. It may be possible that a miscut definitive postal card is
legitimate but not likely. Collectors and some dealers deliberately created
miscut cards for various reasons. Advertisements exist in the philatelic
press offering to provide any variety of miscut that could be imagined.

--
Bill Lehr

now on ebay 04 bowman chrome Bssurrey2 Baseball 0 August 13th 04 11:19 PM
FS - Singles from Kraft Foods Canada LD19612003 Hockey 0 April 26th 04 10:44 AM
FS - Kraft Foods Dogger Hockey 0 February 25th 04 11:10 AM
WTT my Colorado Avalanche for your Philadelphia Flyers flyerjon Hockey 0 January 6th 04 07:37 PM
********FS/T RCs, GJs, Autos, & sets************ Chad M. Kitzman Hockey 0 July 7th 03 02:22 AM