196X Dime Date Error

Old May 30th 14, 06:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default 196X Dime Date Error

On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:35:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I found this Dime in circulation, and was wondering if anyone has some information on the Date etc.. I can not find and common errors that look like it.

http://prntscr.com/3kt7qk

Thanks,
Wayne

You have what looks like a minor "strike through" error. Not valuable at all. From your photo, I detect yours is a 1967.

Jerry
Old June 2nd 14, 03:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Friday, May 30, 2014 12:46:59 AM UTC-5, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:35:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I found this Dime in circulation, and was wondering if anyone has some information on the Date etc.. I can not find and common errors that look like it.

http://prntscr.com/3kt7qk

Thanks,

Wayne

You have what looks like a minor "strike through" error. Not valuable at all. From your photo, I detect yours is a 1967.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, sorry so long to return, I was having issues finding this group again..
Old June 3rd 14, 05:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke[_2_]

On 6/2/2014 9:41 PM, Bob Rudd wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:46:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, May 30, 2014 12:46:59 AM UTC-5, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:35:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I found this Dime in circulation, and was wondering if anyone has some information on the Date etc.. I can not find and common errors that look like it.

http://prntscr.com/3kt7qk

Thanks,

Wayne

You have what looks like a minor "strike through" error. Not valuable at all. From your photo, I detect yours is a 1967.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, sorry so long to return, I was having issues finding this group again..

It's been a LONG time since: Ira Stein, Barry, Christa, Bill Krummel
and many others (including myself) have been regulars here. :-)

Yup. Old Finnan did his job, which I'm sure he was quite proud of.

Old June 5th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:41:40 AM UTC-4,

It's been a LONG time since: Ira Stein, Barry, Christa, Bill Krummel

and many others (including myself) have been regulars here. :-)

Very true Bob. I check every day, but see little need to respond. Sad, this used to be a pretty good site.

Old June 7th 14, 11:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 6/6/2014 7:33 PM, Bob Rudd wrote:

I think the lawsuit effectively fractured this ng, in retrospect.

It certainly didn't help, but the malaise that's fallen over
newsgroups is far more general than RCC. Many ISP's (including
mine) no longer offer Usenet access as standard.

In my own opinion, there were several reasons for this. Some
were technological; as available bandwidth increased and digital
imaging technology became mainstream, a text-only group like RCC
became less appealing. But in my opinion the "social contract"
required by an unmoderated and untraceable model eventually
broke down and the signal-to-noise level became too low.

I decided to keep paying for Usenet a couple of months ago, but
it was a very near thing even at about 4-5 cents a day. I still
take a peek here every few days, but if I post about coins it'll
be probably be elsewhere.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing
Old June 15th 14, 12:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:41:40 AM UTC-4, Bob Rudd wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:46:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, May 30, 2014 12:46:59 AM UTC-5, Jerry Dennis wrote:

On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:35:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I found this Dime in circulation, and was wondering if anyone has some information on the Date etc.. I can not find and common errors that look like it.

http://prntscr.com/3kt7qk

Thanks,

Wayne

You have what looks like a minor "strike through" error. Not valuable at all. From your photo, I detect yours is a 1967.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, sorry so long to return, I was having issues finding this group again..

It's been a LONG time since: Ira Stein, Barry, Christa, Bill Krummel

and many others (including myself) have been regulars here. :-)

Seems all of us die-hards still come in every so often only to find Finnan and his ilk have destroyed what used to be a good group. I'm sure Mr. Hardy Boys is breaking his arm patting himself on the back.

Jerry
Old September 27th 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 5:38:28 AM UTC-5, Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 6/6/2014 7:33 PM, Bob Rudd wrote:

I think the lawsuit effectively fractured this ng, in retrospect.

It certainly didn't help, but the malaise that's fallen over

newsgroups is far more general than RCC. Many ISP's (including

mine) no longer offer Usenet access as standard.

In my own opinion, there were several reasons for this. Some

were technological; as available bandwidth increased and digital

imaging technology became mainstream, a text-only group like RCC

became less appealing. But in my opinion the "social contract"

required by an unmoderated and untraceable model eventually

broke down and the signal-to-noise level became too low.

I decided to keep paying for Usenet a couple of months ago, but

it was a very near thing even at about 4-5 cents a day. I still

take a peek here every few days, but if I post about coins it'll

be probably be elsewhere.

RCC is available through Google without Usenet access

http://groups.google.com/forum/#!for...llecting.coins
Old September 28th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 9/27/2014 12:18 PM, Frank Provasek wrote:

RCC is available through Google without Usenet access

http://groups.google.com/forum/#!for...llecting.coins

If I'm going to bother reading Usenet, the 10 euros a year
I pay for individual.net is more than worth the cost of not
having to deal with Google's interface or even of having to
shift to one of the free providers.

But the fact that this thread is 3 months old and hasn't
scrolled off the first "page" of my newsreader is pretty
good evidence that it's not worth the effort.