where do you find coin show info

Old January 30th 10, 04:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JHL

Default where do you find coin show info

where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.
Old January 30th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius[_2_]

"JHL" wrote in message
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

I check the listings in Coin World

Old January 30th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Bruns

JHL wrote in news:6ac99e91-db82-4572-9b2f-
:

where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

This web site is very good:

http://www.coinshows.com/

-Alan
Old January 30th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

JHL wrote:
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

http://www.coininfo.com/

Click the U.S. Coin Shows link, then the month.

James

Old January 30th 10, 02:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
B.J.[_2_]

On Jan 29, 10:59*pm, JHL wrote:
where do you look for coin show information? * iex *where/when/how big *etc
curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

Primarily I check the individual web sites for coin shows I've
attended before. This doesn't need to be fancy, http://www.westfordcoinshow.com/
works. I don't go to every show and I want assurance (from an updated
web site) that the show is still on.

Many shows take names from door prizes and send postcards. Those are a
waste of money (when sent to me). I'd love an e-mail notice instead.

local paper?

I take several papers, but I've never used them for finding coin
shows. Partly that is due to my area, the local papers I take only
cover my immediate area which has no coin shows. For the Boston Globe,
I don't normally look through the classified ads section so I wouldn't
know where to look for coin show information.

nu news?

No

coin world?

I buy one every few years and take a look. I occasionally look at the
listing on their web site.

local/state club magazine?

No.

internet coinshows.com?

About once a year I look for new shows in my area.

just know about it already? iex past attendance

My most common approach (and will remain until I get a lot more money
and a lot more free time).
Old January 30th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius[_2_]

"Petronius" wrote in message

"JHL" wrote in message
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

I check the listings in Coin World

and if that doesn't work, I drive from town to town asking if there is a coin
show...

Old January 30th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Petronius wrote:
"Petronius" wrote in message

"JHL" wrote in message
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

I check the listings in Coin World

and if that doesn't work, I drive from town to town asking if there
is a coin show...

I tried that for a while, with absolutely no positive results. But then it
was always on a Monday afternoon...

James

Old January 30th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
j-rod

JHL wrote:

where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

Local dealer web sites may have listings of shows they are attending.

http://www.nickeltrader.com/shows.shtml

Local coin clubs also list coin shows they sponsor and shows in the
area.

http://southhillscoinclub.org/_wsn/page3.html

Regional and national shows can be found by reading the coin rags or may
be listed on their web sites.

http://www.trajan.ca/showbbs/ccn.pl

JAM
Old January 30th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius[_2_]

Petronius wrote:
"Petronius" wrote in message

"JHL" wrote in message
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

I check the listings in Coin World

and if that doesn't work, I drive from town to town asking if there
is a coin show...

I tried that for a while, with absolutely no positive results. But then it
was always on a Monday afternoon...

I've found that Monday's are very slow.
Many people asked then have questioned the legitimacy of my antecedents.

Old February 27th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_2_]

Petronius wrote:
Petronius wrote:
"Petronius" wrote in message
"JHL" wrote in message
where do you look for coin show information? iex where/when/how
big etc

local paper?
nu news?
coin world?
local/state club magazine?
internet coinshows.com?
just know about it already? iex past attendance

curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.
I check the listings in Coin World
and if that doesn't work, I drive from town to town asking if there
is a coin show...

I tried that for a while, with absolutely no positive results. But then it
was always on a Monday afternoon...

I've found that Monday's are very slow.
Many people asked then have questioned the legitimacy of my antecedents.

try here

http://www.coinshows.com/

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,