Michigan State Show april

Old March 19th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

Default Michigan State Show april

On Mar 18, 8:49*am, "scottishmoney" wrote:
*The Spring show is usually not
worth the time and travel to go to anyway.

I have never had a bad time at the Spring show. In fact, the best
deals I found, of course, were the few times when schedule conflicts
with ANA or CSNS, etc., kept "everyone" ( i.e., everyone _else_)
away. The dealers will be there, that's for sure. If you want to buy
or sell, then you will be there, too.

The Educational Forum this time will be a bus excusion to Monroe to
visit the home of George Heath and a side trip to the home of George
A. Custer.

If you have never been the Hyatt Regency for a coin show, you are
missing a world class experience. Some collectors do blow in, run up
and down the aisles and blow out in an hour. That's fine. Many other
numismatists take their time to socialize, to share a meal, to sit and
chat, to attend the forums and other meetings, to view the exhibits,
etc. In addition to our own governors, you will find CSNS folks in
their gold coats. Someone is usually there for the ANA, the Wilsons
usually. While Coin World has not had the money in their budget for
several years, Krause does make the investment to provide a strong
visible presence. Joe LeBlanc may have a more complete roster at this
time to know which of the grading services will be there.

Most of the dealers are national, of course, but many are Michigan
locals, which is to be expected.

This is a three-day show. Friday is typically the wholesale day.
Saturday is for the general public and Sunday is the wrap up.

Also, this time around, SILVERTOWNE is hosting the AUCTION.

Old March 19th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JHL

auction catalogs will be mailed to msns members later this month. if
anyone else would like one, please drop msns a note at MSNS po box
87931 canton mi 48187 and i'll be sure one is sent out. msns is also
giving away vouchers towards the auction for some of the 1st msns
members to come to the auction. ( you can join msns for $10 year at
the same address) who couldnt use say $50 free towards the auction?

we'll also being giving some GOLD away at the YN program saturday!