Westward Journey Coin and Medal Sets - Increased Mintages

Old May 24th 05, 04:28 AM
ronrpk

Default Westward Journey Coin and Medal Sets - Increased Mintages

Anyone notice that the mintages for the new WJC&M Sets is going to be
75,000 units compared to only 25,000 units in 2004?

Guess the Mint noticed the nice secondary mark up and decided to cash
in - so to speak.

Wonder if there's much risk of a quick sell out?

-- Ron K
Old May 24th 05, 02:09 PM
David Meadows

I think a lot of people will buy the 5 set limit in hopes of cashing in in
the secondary market. then the glut will hit ebay and people will be lucky
to unload their extras. OR............ since there is a 5 set maximum,
dealers and avid collectors will cause a quick sellout and the secondary
market will spike with those who arn't savy enough to grab them from the
mint. As for me.. I think 3 sets just might be coming my way. LOL

Old May 24th 05, 03:46 PM
R!

at least 2 sets here...ordered 2 of the '04's and only received one. Don't
know why they're so popular....the medal looks like something out of a
gumball machine.

news:1116939552.bf1d9d992203f4bf163f0fe928cad2d7@b ubbanews...

Old May 24th 05, 04:05 PM
Edward McGrath

When are sets for sale?.

Old May 24th 05, 04:50 PM
tanner520

This set will start to sell tomorrow, May 25th around noon EDT.
Shipments won't start until June 10th.

Old May 25th 05, 03:55 AM
ronrpk

I was going to get 5 sets,,, then I noticed the 3X increase in
mintages. Now I might just get 3 too,,,, or roll the dice,,,, :-)

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:09:02 -0400, "David Meadows"
wrote:

I think a lot of people will buy the 5 set limit in hopes of cashing in in
the secondary market. then the glut will hit ebay and people will be lucky
to unload their extras. OR............ since there is a 5 set maximum,
dealers and avid collectors will cause a quick sellout and the secondary
market will spike with those who arn't savy enough to grab them from the
mint. As for me.. I think 3 sets just might be coming my way. LOL

.. .

Old May 25th 05, 03:05 PM
Edward McGrath

Thank you for the info Tanner520.

Old May 26th 05, 12:41 AM
Vector

On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:46:28 GMT, "R!" said:

at least 2 sets here...ordered 2 of the '04's and only received one.

Apparently you were lucky to get one. I had a confirmed order for 6
set. More than a month went by with me thinking they were in the bag,
before the Mint informed me my order had been cancelled.
I got none, and I'm not going to pay $60 for one. : (
Old May 26th 05, 12:59 AM
oly

May the mint screw you all royally and forget to send you a small
container or vaseline in the bargain! It's not coin collecting.

oly

Old May 26th 05, 02:11 AM
Anita

On 25 May 2005 16:59:20 -0700, "oly" wrote:

May the mint screw you all royally and forget to send you a small
container or vaseline in the bargain! It's not coin collecting.

No, it's investing. Saving it to sell later or passing it on to the
kids. By the time it reaches the grandkids, it will be called coin
collecting.

Anita