Solid bronze Lincoln Cents returning!

Old February 25th 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default Solid bronze Lincoln Cents returning!

Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO RESERVES www.frankcoins.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/frankcoins Texas Auction License

Old February 25th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

That will make pristine zinc examples (MS68 and up) harder to get.

Old February 26th 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"RWF" wrote in message

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

That will make pristine zinc examples (MS68 and up) harder to get.

As they seem to be already when slabbed by PCGS or NGC as MS69 or 70. The
2008 I just pulled from my pocket today sure looks good enough for me.

Old February 26th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"RWF" wrote in message

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

That will make pristine zinc examples (MS68 and up) harder to get.

As they seem to be already when slabbed by PCGS or NGC as MS69 or 70.
The 2008 I just pulled from my pocket today sure looks good enough for
me.

Well, I was thinking more of what happened in 1982 & 1983 when there
were no Mint Sets issued.

Old February 26th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO RESERVES *http://www.frankcoins.comhttp://mywo...rankcoinsTexas Auction License
11259, Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association,
Member TNA, ANA, PCGS, NGC - *Full Time Since 1991

I am glad to see the bronzes come back. They will be good sellers
here in Springpatch - the Old State Capitol portrayed on Coin #3 is
located here. And they will be good for elongating.

oly
Old February 26th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 25, 12:59 pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO RESERVES
http://www.frankcoins.comhttp://mywo...rankcoinsTexas Auction License
11259, Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association,
Member TNA, ANA, PCGS, NGC - Full Time Since 1991

I am glad to see the bronzes come back. They will be good sellers
here in Springpatch - the Old State Capitol portrayed on Coin #3 is
located here. And they will be good for elongating.

oly
____________________

Any chance you could elongate one into three cents worth?

Old February 26th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

http://www.frankcoins.comhttp://mywo...nsTexasAuction License
11259, Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association,
Member TNA, ANA, PCGS, NGC - Full Time Since 1991

I am glad to see the bronzes come back. *They will be good sellers
here in Springpatch - the Old State Capitol portrayed on Coin #3 is
located here. *And they will be good for elongating.

oly
____________________

Any chance you could elongate one into three cents worth?

One hopes to elongate one into fiddy cents worth, though on average it
is much less than half of that.

oly
Old February 26th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

"RWF" wrote in message

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Great news... All 2009 Lincoln cents in Proof sets, special sets and
Uncirculated sets will be the original 95% copper 5% tin and zinc
alloy and weigh 3.1 grams. No more zinc rot!

That will make pristine zinc examples (MS68 and up) harder to get.

As they seem to be already when slabbed by PCGS or NGC as MS69 or 70.
The 2008 I just pulled from my pocket today sure looks good enough for
me.

Well, I was thinking more of what happened in 1982 & 1983 when there
were no Mint Sets issued.

I wonder how Dansco will handle it? My album has holes for eight 2009
coins (4 P & 4 D). If they do not release a modified page then I will
probably just put the bronze mint set coins into those holes and not
worry about trying to get the zinc coins.

If Dansco does release a modified page then I would only want to get
zinc coins that are average mint set quality so they do not stand out
too much.

I would not be surprised if someone or some company does not sell a 16
coin set, similar to those seven-coin 1982 sets. I actually used one
of those 1982 sets for my album since it had better than average BU
coins.
Old February 26th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"RWF" wrote in message

[...]

Another danger of displaying modern issues in pre-printed album. You never
know what will be produced from year to year.