Subscribe

Old April 18th 04, 11:44 PM
Jorge Capatto

Default Subscribe

Please,
Bubscribe rec.collecting.coins
Old April 19th 04, 09:34 PM
joseph d'allesandro

The first post in this thread (and the first response, as well--) raise
questions for me.

Now-- please excuse me if I seem totally "unaware" here-- or 'in the
dark'...because I am!

Was the first poster trying to subscribe to rcc, and is that why it was
pointed out that he did not hit the "subscribe" button??

I didn't know one had to subscribe, but I've tried to access this group
on my newer computer (I have two) via the link on the ANA site, and have
had great difficulty doing so.

I let it pass, as I have two MSN-internet set-top receivers (one in my
living room, and another in my bedroom), and accessing this group via
those receivers is a breeze--
no subscriptions, no forms to fill out, etc., etc., etc.

For those who don't know-- the webtv address is misleading. WebTV, the
company, was bought out and swallowed up by Microsoft about 5 years ago,
and anyone with Webtv e-mail addy's just kept them, for simplicity's
sake. However, everything here is MSN.
There is always a butterfly and an MSN logo up in the corner of the
screen, and all functions (like 'search', e-mail, etc.,) are via MSN
In fact, their logo is up on this screen as I write this post.

Because I use my computers for both business and LOTS of web-surfing, I
long ago decided to keep both the set-top receivers running for personal
e-mail, newsgroups, and...yes, EBAY---

There are too many nuts at eBay, and as any MSN/Webtv user knows, these
set-top receivers are immune to viruses, worms, hackers, and similar
plagues.

The set-tops make newsgroup participation very easy, plus the threads
are easier to follow.

Also, I can lay back on my living room sofa (as I'm doing now) and in
great comfort, read through the groups as well as write posts (using a
remote keyboard) on my 30" TV screen, which is about ten feet from the
sofa.

(I can also do this while lying in bed-- the bedroom set-top hook-up
costs no more. MSN does 2-for-1 deals).

But why it's easier to access this group from here, I just don't
know....

Which is why I couldn't help but ask (when I saw the posts, above) why
accessing this newsgroup from my computer was such a complicated hassle.

Both of my computers have Verizon DSL with MSN Premium service (if that
makes any difference).

---So why did that fellow (who hit the wrong button) ask to subscribe?

Why don't I have to subscribe?

Why is this easy on a set-top, but like "jumping through hoops" on a
computer?

I hope I wasn't too confusing.
As I said at the outset, I'm sort of "unaware" about the subscription
thing.

Thanks--

joey