Shill Bidding

Old August 15th 03, 05:57 PM
Sandra Wise

Default Shill Bidding

Hello All,

I was searching eBay's auction listing when I came across this item:
http://tinyurl.com/k4v2

I was thinking...yeah that would be neat, but not ethical and I was curious as
to who was bidding on, so I looked. Then I went to view all of this seller's
auctions and the same bidder's were / are bidding high prices on items that do
not seem to warrant high prices.

In case the seller's auctions end before you get a chance to look here is his
selling list.

http://tinyurl.com/k4vk

In the above auction with the bucket of nickels...he states, "My friends and I
thought it would be fun to sell this on eBay and see if we get more money for it
than there is in there." I think his buddies are bidding up his auctions.

Just my 2 cents,
Sandy

Old August 15th 03, 07:07 PM
SF

"Scottishmoney" wrote ...
:
: "Sandra Wise"wrote
: Hello All,
:
[...]
: Some of his other auctions look like hot items ie they are liberated from
: someone else. Perhaps he drank his beer, and quite a few others before he
: put up his stupid auctions.
:
: Dave

It looks like this guy really is sitting in a hotel 6 somewhere, putting all
this stolen stuff on ebay,
and his buddy is shilling for him, or doing his own shilling.. anyone bet if
the credit cards
used to get on ebay are stolen or not?

Has anyone turned this into ebay yet?

Sam F.

Old August 15th 03, 07:44 PM
Bill Krummel

"SF" wrote in message

"Scottishmoney" wrote ...
:
: "Sandra Wise"wrote
: Hello All,
:
[...]

What I thought was some college kids just messing around. The idea behind
shilling is to drive a third parties bid as high as you dare try. These
guys have pretty sucessfully made sure no one unassociated with them would
even consider bidding. I at least hope the auctions end high enough to
cost one of them some decent eBay fees. Bill