One Years Worth of Coin Finds from Circulation

Old July 24th 03, 06:56 PM
Scottishmoney

Default One Years Worth of Coin Finds from Circulation

I have been saving my circulation coin finds in a glass jar since July of
2002, during that time I have accumulated the following

Cents:
1918 in AG
1941-S
1942-D
1944
1946
1948
1951-D
1952-S
1953-D
1956-D
1957-D
1958-D(2)
1969-S
1970-S
1971-S
1972-S(2)
One blank copper plated planchet
One Belgium 50¢ coin similar in size to a cent received as a cent in change
dated 1971

Nickels:
1946
1953
1958
1970-S(2)

Dimes
1964 Silver

Halves
1967 40%

Most of the cents were received in change during my 7 trips to California,
the dime was a post office change thing, the half came from the bank just
the other day. I think the 1918 is the oldest coin I have gotten from
circulation, my previous record was a 1920 cent and a 1926-S Nickel.

Dave Parrish

Old July 24th 03, 08:40 PM
Scottishmoney

Alan & Erin Williams wrote in message I most
envy you the blank planchet. ;-)
I take it that's a blank Zincoln? since you call it copper-plated.

Alan
'even likes the blank cents'

It is a blank zincoln, actually it was in my Grandmother's change pile I
think. She saves her change for several weeks and then banks it. I got to
look through it before she banked it back in March. It is my only error
find. The funny thing is it has seen some circulation, but still has the
slightly raised edges typical of blanks.

Dave Parrish
"It must have been a Southern Cent"