1954 Canadian 2$ bill Can I get an extimate of worth please?

Old May 10th 05, 09:50 AM
Ambrosia

Default 1954 Canadian 2$ bill Can I get an extimate of worth please?

I would like to know roughly what a 1954 Canadian 2$ bill
Beattie-Raminski with serial # xu9041801 would be worth...
I have not yet got to see it so I don't know if its a Devils face or
not but will do so shortly..
Assuming that the bill is in UNC-EF.

I am very new to collecting and am thinking of purchasing this bill.

Any help would be great!

Old May 10th 05, 09:22 PM
Kyle Mutcher

Hi Ambrosia,
The note you describe is a modified portrait and according to the Charlton
Standard Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, in EF the note would
be worth C$4.50 and in UNC C$6.50.

UNC means that there is no folds or creases the note is bright and crisp
with full sharp corners. EF would be a note with a few minor folds and maybe
one sharp fold.

The Charlton Guide is the best book available for Canadian bank notes with
some of the most indepth information available. The prices displayed in the
book are the prices you can expect to pay for notes in the market, some of
the scarcer notes may be a bit above the catalogue prices but it is an
excellent resource. You should be able to find it in a local major book
store in the collectibles shelf, if you don't have access to a book store
let me know as I have a few in stock.

Kyle Mutcher
Four Corners Coin and Currency
201 Edmonton Street
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
204-942-5953
ups.com...

Old May 12th 05, 04:58 AM
Ambrosia

Thank you very much Kyle,

I'm glad I didn't pay 20$ for it
I saw the bill today it looks to be only F-VF..
I wish I had a copy The Charlton Guide hard to find I will have to wait
for the next edition in July..

brrr Edmonton...I used to live in Calgary!
Do you have a web site?

Please email me Kyle thanks!

Old May 12th 05, 05:08 AM
Ambrosia

Oops just noticed you are in Winnipeg

Old May 16th 05, 09:57 PM
Kyle Mutcher

Yes, I'm in Winnipeg, but such is the curse of my address, I changed my
mailing address to a mail box just so that someone deosn't get mixed up and
mail something important to Edmonton instead of Winnipeg.

The new Charlton books should be available in late July or early August.

I hope to have a webpage by this summer, if I get a chance to work on it.
Along with the coin shop I also make Ancient style coins/tokens and I've
been commissioned by the Calgary Coin Club to design and strike a
commemorative silver token for this summer's CNA show, plus the CNA
president has requested a token design as well, and about four other designs
and commissions I have to prepare before the 20th of July. I need about four
more sets of arms and legs

Glad I could help.

Kyle Mutcher
Four Corners Coin and Currency