price check Sonata 1050

Old February 12th 11, 03:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Marc

Default price check Sonata 1050

Let me say I'm more of a pinball guy so please be gentle. I ran
across a Sonata 1050 today. Looks pretty clean, works for the most
part (I'm sure it will need some sort of tweeking) but I have no idea
of its value. From what little I could find it is basicly a knock off
but I thought if I could get it for the right price it might look cool
in the game room. I just don't want to over pay for it, any input is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc
Old February 12th 11, 06:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Marc wrote:
Let me say I'm more of a pinball guy so please be gentle. I ran
across a Sonata 1050 today. Looks pretty clean, works for the most
part (I'm sure it will need some sort of tweeking) but I have no idea
of its value. From what little I could find it is basicly a knock off
but I thought if I could get it for the right price it might look cool
in the game room. I just don't want to over pay for it, any input is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

Perhaps $1500 or so?

I have some parts for the Sonata (made in Mexico after Wurlitzer closed
shop in NY) - note that the Sonata used 3800 parts rather than the 3700
stuff as was used up in the Wurlitzer 1050 (W1050). Much the same
otherwise, but the only real difference is the cabinet finish (pebbly on
the Sonata (S1050), smooth on the W1050) and the popularity meters were
always falling off on the S1050 whereas the W1050 was made as well as
the regular US jukeboxes of the era.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old February 12th 11, 02:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

--
* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

$500 tops if it don,t work