Questions about my letter to congress

Old October 16th 03, 08:13 AM
Malanutt 4 Life

Default Questions about my letter to congress

I had wrote out a letter a few times to try to get it made better. It would
redesign the $1 and $2 bills to conform the NexGen series, and issue $200,
$500, and possibly $1,000 bills. I have some questions that I need opinions on.

Should I rewrite the letter and add that I urge them to mandate a redesign the
$5 and $10 bills as well in case they decide not to redesign these
denominations, to keep the currency uniformed?

Is talking about reissuing the $1,000 bill pushing my luck? I really think we
should have a $1,000 bill to dominate the Euro 500 which sometimes exceeds the
value of $500 USD. I know its usually not by much, but I still think the United
States should have the higher denomination than Europe. No offense to any
Europeans.

And does anyone think I might have some luck convincing congress to do
legislation in this area? And if so, are there good chances of it passing?

Tom
Old October 16th 03, 12:43 PM
Bob Peterson

"Malanutt 4 Life" wrote in message
[...]

I'd say zero. the feds think by not having a $1000 bill somehow it impedes
drug piushers and money laundering. Its a silly thing, and you would think
it would be a whole lot easier to track 1 $1000 bill than 10 $100 bills.
The real reason for not having a circulating $1000 bill is to have more
control over people, and encourage us to use transaction methods that leave
more of a trail than cash.

BTW, there was an effort a few years ago to try and force some kind of id
onto gift cards. currently they are totally anonymous, yet nearly as useful
as credit cards. this is apparrently of some concern to big brother.

Tom

Old October 16th 03, 02:12 PM
Harv

"Malanutt 4 Life" wrote in message

Is talking about reissuing the $1,000 bill pushing my luck? I really think

we
should have a $1,000 bill to dominate the Euro 500 which sometimes exceeds

the
value of $500 USD. I know its usually not by much, but I still think the

United
States should have the higher denomination than Europe. No offense to any
Europeans.

The Euro has been running from US$1.14 to $1.18 for months. The US Dollar
has not been valued above the Euro for many months. So any 500 Euro bill is
going to be worth roughly 15% more than any US$500.00 bill. Unless this
turns around on the world currency market, which it shows no sign of doing.

There's also the problem of cocaine tainting some percentage of circulating
US currency, and not just high denomination notes..

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/cocaine.asp

However while the politicians will say one thing, "We don't want to make
bills in higher denominations than hundreds because blah blah etc. etc. the
truth could be otherwise..

"Yes, drug use in our society is real, but it has yet to reach the
proportions where four of every five bills in our wallets has been used to
snort cocaine. That four of five bills might test positive only means that
80% of our paper money has at some time come into contact with contaminated
bills or counting machines. It takes only one bill to contaminate hundreds
or even thousands of others, so the number of bills that have actually come
into direct contact with the drug trade is far smaller than we might first
assume upon seeing that "four of five" claim marked as true. "

Meaning that even $1.00 bills have been tested and found to contain trace
amounts of cocaine simply from passing through the same counting machine as
tainted $100.00 bills. $500.00 or $1000.00 bills would make drug
transactions even easier than the typical movie briefcase full of $20.00s
and $50.00s and $100.00s.. There's a good chance that if you had all 535
members of Congress and The Senate empty their wallets and you tested every
bill for traces of cocaine, you'd find the same $175,000.00 a year
politicians waging this war on drugs are carrying some minute bits of it
around in their own stash of cash.

Harv

Old October 16th 03, 08:21 PM
Coin Saver

From: malanutt4life

does anyone think I might have some luck convincing congress to do legislation

in this area?
some Senators *do* read the mail they get with a note of seriousness

And if so, are there good chances of it passing?

I'd try Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn, both from Texas, which
passage of that sort of thing might mean more jobs at the Ft Worth BEP
Facility. Hutchison is a very pro-"hometown" type, and Cornyn is very
pro-business - both good signs for this type of lobby.

Here's where you might find out where to email them:
http://www.governmentguide.com/govsi...http%3A//www.s
enate.gov/

8-/
Coin Saver
Old October 16th 03, 10:08 PM
Malanutt 4 Life

Thanks Coin Saver. I may try those senators.
Old October 17th 03, 12:58 AM
Padraic Brown

On 16 Oct 2003 19:21:50 GMT, ojunk (Coin Saver)

From: malanutt4life

does anyone think I might have some luck convincing congress to do legislation

in this area?
some Senators *do* read the mail they get with a note of seriousness

And if so, are there good chances of it passing?

I'd try Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn, both from Texas, which
passage of that sort of thing might mean more jobs at the Ft Worth BEP
Facility. Hutchison is a very pro-"hometown" type, and Cornyn is very
pro-business - both good signs for this type of lobby.

Here's where you might find out where to email them:
http://www.governmentguide.com/govsi...http%3A//www.s
enate.gov/

Try Mr Kennedy as well, as more notes in production means more paper
required from Crane. As an off chance, you might also try the Senators
from Nevada. Who knows, they might be interested in a $500 note on
account of the gambling industry.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old October 17th 03, 04:25 AM
Malanutt 4 Life

How do I get the address for Mr. Kennedy? And is he by any chance into the
government? Call me dumb for not knowing.

Another thing I ponder: What about trying to get Crane to help push for these
larger denominations? Would they do such a thing? Just curious.

Tom
Old October 17th 03, 10:03 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Malanutt 4 Life wrote:

Is talking about reissuing the $1,000 bill pushing my luck? I really think
we should have a $1,000 bill to dominate the Euro 500 which sometimes
exceeds the value of $500 USD. I know its usually not by much, but I still
think the United States should have the higher denomination than Europe.
No offense to any Europeans.

No offense to any Americans, but would it actually make sense to issue
high denomination notes for the sole purpose of having them? :-) Sure,
the idea may appeal to some people in US Congress ... I don't think,
however, that such notes would actually circulate. In most of Euroland,
even the ¤500 note is hardly used.

Christian
Old October 17th 03, 10:03 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Harv wrote:

The Euro has been running from US$1.14 to $1.18 for months. The US Dollar
has not been valued above the Euro for many months. So any 500 Euro bill is
going to be worth roughly 15% more than any US$500.00 bill. Unless this
turns around on the world currency market, which it shows no sign of doing.

Unfortunately, I might add ... On one hand, the present situation makes
raw oil imports much less expensive for us, and traveling to the US has
become cheap g. But exports from Euroland to the US, for example, may
in the long run be heavily affected by this.

As for "cocaine notes", from what I have read, about nine of ten euro
notes circulating in Germany contain traces of cocaine. Interestingly,
the cocaine content of notes seems to vary from country to country. The
German Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Institute found that bills
taken from circulation in Spain had an average cocaine content of 335
microgram (Italy 71, Germany 6.6, France 0.1). According to the director
of the institute, most notes (those with roughly 1 microgram or less)
are indeed "cocainized" by contact with other notes. Also, larger notes
(¤100, 200 and 500) contain less cocaine than smaller ones :-)

Christian
Old October 17th 03, 04:22 PM
Coin Saver

From: malanutt4life
How do I get the address for Mr. Kennedy?

Senator Kennedy currently represents the State of Massachussettes. Use the
link I gave you. He's a Democrat.

8-/

Coin Saver