jane fonda hoax

Old May 4th 04, 04:16 AM
Bob Peterson

Default jane fonda hoax

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBHacked...html#janefonda

The above URL should settle the question of whether the incident being
mentioned in previous posts actually occurred - it quite clearly probably
did not, although many things she did do where every bit as reprehensible.

Old May 4th 04, 07:28 PM
WinWinscenario

The above URL should settle the question of whether the incident being
mentioned in previous posts actually occurred

Thanks, Bob. Reasonable people have known for a long time that these
right-wing hate stories are false. The people who believe the stories don't
care.

Regards,
Tom
Old May 4th 04, 11:41 PM
Lyntoy1

Thanks Bob for the link. I stand corrected, and now I believe that Ms. Fonda is
a die hard patriot in the footsteps of a Lincoln or Washington. It is obvious
that the trip to North Viet Nam was nothing but a right wing hoax, and the
photographs of her behavior were crude attempts to smear her good name.
Everyone should be made aware that all of the prisoners captured were actually
employed by the Nixon administration as plants to undermine the loyal
protestors. But we know the truth and can see through the flimsy story that
surrounds our poor beleaguered martyr.
Don't worry if you don't change any opinions of the right wingers- they aren't
smart like we are. They are just flag waving bumpkins who chew tobacco and
watch WWE rasslin. Extra chromosome crowd as Al Gore (the REAL president)
described them. We enlightened Fonda worshippers have seen the light and know
the truth!
Mike
Gonna go gargle gasoline now
Old May 5th 04, 03:57 AM
Don Hovatter

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
The above URL should settle the question of whether the incident being
mentioned in previous posts actually occurred

Thanks, Bob. Reasonable people have known for a long time that these
right-wing hate stories are false. The people who believe the stories

don't
care.

Regards,
Tom

Reasonable people also know what it means when they see an American actress
laughing and joking while sitting on a Triple A battery wearing an NVA
helmet. Was that newsreel footage falsified by right wing haters Tom?

Regards,
Don

---

Old May 5th 04, 01:33 PM
WinWinscenario

Thanks, Bob. Reasonable people have known for a long time that these
right-wing hate stories are false. The people who believe the stories

don't
care.

Regards,
Tom

Reasonable people also know what it means when they see an American actress
laughing and joking while sitting on a Triple A battery wearing an NVA
helmet. Was that newsreel footage falsified by right wing haters Tom?

Regards,
Don

Don, the part about posing on AA batteries is true. She was protesting the
human rights abuses that resulted when the US government dropped more tonnage
of bombs on a very small country than was dropped by the entire Allied Air
Forces in all of WW2, but she did it in a way that was inappropriate.

The garbage about spitting on prisoners or giving their notes to the guard
captain are fantasies of the right-wing hate machine. That's what got me to
post to this thread. I don't approve of her conduct in NVN, although my ETS
was 1968, so I was out by the time of the incident.

Fonda was a dumb twenty-something who did stupid things, not unlike others who
dodged the draft or stayed drunk all the time racking up criminal convictions.
Thank God she is not our president or vice-president, where a lack of judgment
can do great harm!

Turns out she was right that the war was a colossal mistake, but some of the
things she did to oppose the war caused needless pain to good people. She has
since apologized publicly and often for those bad choices, unlike some of the
others who behaved badly at that time. Thank God she is not president or
vice-president, where a lack of judgment can get a lot of people killed
needlessly!

Regards,
Tom
Old May 5th 04, 02:50 PM
bob peterson

(Lyntoy1) wrote in message ...
[...]

I don't personally believe for one second that Ms. Fonda is a patriot
at all. Her long history of support of anti-american causes leads me
to that conclusion. OTOH, this particular story is almost certainly
false. I can't for the life of me understand why people would spread
such nonsense when the truth about her is far worse. maybe its
because a story like this is so visceral, and puts a name to the
soldiers who died as a direct result of her actions, whereas the truth
is that her (and similar minded americans) actions certainly resulted
in the needless deaths and tortures of many american servicemen during
that war, but thats not so simple and easy a story to tell.
Old May 5th 04, 02:59 PM
PCameron

"bob peterson" wrote in message
om...

BTW, do you believe in left-wing hate stories? Like the ones
currently being circulated by the Kerry campaign that Bush "knew"
about 9/11 ahead of time and did nothing about it?

That story has been around since shortly after 9/11. I give no credence to
it. Just pointing out that it is not invented by the Kerry campaign.

Are you willing to
condemn that type of hate story as well?

It is a laughably ridiculous assertion and it is sickenly whorish to use
9/11 to disparage Bush.

Old May 5th 04, 04:02 PM
bob peterson

"Don Hovatter" wrote in message link.net...
"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
The above URL should settle the question of whether the incident being
mentioned in previous posts actually occurred

Thanks, Bob. Reasonable people have known for a long time that these
right-wing hate stories are false. The people who believe the stories

don't
care.

Regards,
Tom

Reasonable people also know what it means when they see an American actress
laughing and joking while sitting on a Triple A battery wearing an NVA
helmet. Was that newsreel footage falsified by right wing haters Tom?

Regards,
Don

Just because she engaged in other arguably treasonous, and certainly
hateful, activities does not mean that the incident in question
actually occurred.
Old May 6th 04, 04:32 PM
WinWinscenario

From: (bob peterson)

I am not all that sure that this particular story is really
"right-wing",

The lies and the distortions in the Jane Fonda hoax appear on sites and are
spread by individuals who are definitely of a certain political persuasion.

Most VN veterans
have little love for these Hollywood types who supported the enemy
during that conflict.

That in itself is a political statement. Some decorated VN vets, like John
Kerry, became convinced that the war was wrong long before the majority of the
American people came to the same conclusion.

Most active military identify with what could fairly be called a right-wing or
Conservative slant because when we are in the foxholes we must embrace
group-think for our own survival. The military mindset emphasizes conformity
and unquestioned obedience to the chain-of-command, because these policies are
important survival-related attributes on a battlefield.

It's different in civilian life. Many vets understand that the reason they are
fighting and dying is to defend the right of people like Jane Fonda (and Dick
Cheney) to speak out about their beliefs.

Is it really unpatriotic to oppose an unjust war? Or was Jane Fonda's love of
her country just as great as Curtis ("bomb 'em back to the Stone Age") LeMay?

BTW, do you believe in left-wing hate stories? Like the ones
currently being circulated by the Kerry campaign that Bush "knew"
about 9/11 ahead of time and did nothing about it?

Are you spreading urban legends again, Bob?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I still believe Oswald was the lone assassin.

Regards,
Tom

Jane Pilgrim - Blackberry Farm childrens books Amanda Marchini Books 0 August 19th 04 07:50 AM
ST Auctionne with Cinema Collection binders! ooooo! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 March 23rd 04 04:46 PM
Success Jane Fonda Robert de Ridder Autographs 2 February 9th 04 07:07 PM
Jane Russell? Bcoton Autographs 9 December 11th 03 09:50 AM
Jane Adams (born 1965) Gunther Autographs 3 August 1st 03 04:16 AM