Look What I Won On Ebay Recently

Old December 2nd 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

Default Look What I Won On Ebay Recently

Dear Fellow 8 Track Enthusiasts

I recently won a rare Def Leppard 8 Track recent on Ebay.It is the
Pyromania 8 Track and it is not a record club 8 Track.It is a legit
Polygram cart.Below is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Def-Leppard-Pyro...k-Stereo-Tape-
Cartridge_W0QQitemZ170172294877QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I could mot believe that this was on Ebay.I won it and I am glad to
have it.I just wanted to share it with all of you in here.

I hope that everyone in here has a wonderful evening.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover
Old December 2nd 07, 03:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

In case that the entire link does not work,the item number is
170172294877

Apparently,I tried to cut and paste the entire link but it did not
work for some reason.But again,the number is above if you would like
to check it out.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
Old December 2nd 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

I recently won a rare Def Leppard 8 Track recent on Ebay.It is the
Pyromania 8 Track and it is not a record club 8 Track.It is a legit
Polygram cart.Below is the link:

So was that a 1983 release? That has to be on the list of last
8 tracks available, though I have sort of lost track of who and when are
currently leading that competition.

Old December 2nd 07, 06:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:38:40 -0800 (PST), frschoonover
wrote:

Dear Fellow 8 Track Enthusiasts

I recently won a rare Def Leppard 8 Track recent on Ebay.It is the
Pyromania 8 Track and it is not a record club 8 Track.It is a legit
Polygram cart.Below is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Def-Leppard-Pyro...k-Stereo-Tape-
Cartridge_W0QQitemZ170172294877QQihZ007QQcategory Z618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
snip

Wow...that's a RARE find, one of the last major releases on 8 track!

Congratulations, Frank...great find!
Old December 2nd 07, 06:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 03:53:07 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

I recently won a rare Def Leppard 8 Track recent on Ebay.It is the
Pyromania 8 Track and it is not a record club 8 Track.It is a legit
Polygram cart.Below is the link:

So was that a 1983 release? That has to be on the list of last
8 tracks available, though I have sort of lost track of who and when are
currently leading that competition. snip

Chicago 19 is generally regarded to be the last major label release,
by WEA. The Def Leppard release is very close to being last. However,
I've seen no convincing evidence that one was available commercially
after the other. By this time, 8 track players were generally
finished in cars and everything was going cassette and, next year, CD.

I remember Reader's Digest and some club carts were available after
Chicago 19, but I haven't got a clue as to which releases. It's sort
of an arcane historical quest, you know.

Must be getting nippy up in the Great White North by now, eh? Hope
you have your tam at the ready, aye!
Old December 2nd 07, 12:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

that LP is somewhat popular, but I can't stand listening to it- it's too
commercial top-40-ish

news_p4j.12703$UQ1.5742@pd7urf1no...

Old December 2nd 07, 02:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

On Dec 1, 9:38 pm, frschoonover wrote:
Dear Fellow 8 Track Enthusiasts

I recently won a rare Def Leppard 8 Track recent on Ebay.It is the
Pyromania 8 Track and it is not a record club 8 Track.It is a legit
Polygram cart.Below is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Def-Leppard-Pyro...k-Stereo-Tape-
Cartridge_W0QQitemZ170172294877QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ-1QQcmdZViewItem

I could mot believe that this was on Ebay.I won it and I am glad to
have it.I just wanted to share it with all of you in here.

I hope that everyone in here has a wonderful evening.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover

Charlie Nudo will be emailing you offering to buy it for 75¢.
Old December 2nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Dec 2, 8:22 am, wrote:

Charlie Nudo will be emailing you offering to buy it for 75¢.

I have nothing to worry about.Charlie Nudo can try but he won't get
through.Why Not?Because I blocked his e-mail address in my Yahoo
address book and all of his sock puppet accounts alongside it so I
will NEVER get any e-mails from him.

Anyway,even if he were to offer me that pitiful(though that's putting
it mildly)amount of money,I would say "HIT THE ROAD,SUCKER!!!!"I paid
$39.00 for this rare cart and offering $0.75 is the ultimate insult in
this case.Then again,I wouldn't sell it to him at all for anything.He
can beg and plead all the money offers but he would only be wasting
his time.

Thanks though for the warning.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

Old December 2nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Dec 1, 10:53 pm, "William W Western"
wrote:

So was that a 1983 release? That has to be on the list of last
8 tracks available, though I have sort of lost track of who and when are
currently leading that competition.

William

Pyromania was released as 1982 was winding down.It wouldn't make the
charts anywhere until February of 1983,when it became their biggest
seller all over the world and made the band a force to be reckoned
with.Tragedy also followed afterwards when drummer Rick Allen got hurt
in a car accident and losing an arm.But he overcame that and he is
still doing what he loves to do best.

Seeing that on Ebay really surprised me.Why?Because I remember that 8-
Tracks were slowly disappearing from store shelves because people were
now buying cassette's over 8-Tracks.I still remember some of the early
1980's releases like Eddie Rabbitt's Horizon and Step By Step(both of
which I have)Hank Williams Jr's The Pressure Is On(which I also
have)and several Hall & Oates albums like Voices,Private Eyes and
H2O(all three of which I have also).I also have Rock & Soul Part 1,but
that was only available through RCA Music Service after 8-Track Tapes
disappeared from all the stores.

But I do remember some stores carrying them until they were all
gone.They simply kept reducing prices on them until the entitre stock
was cleared.Whatever was left over was dumped in close out stores,cut
rate retailers and flea markets.That is why when you see a second hand
cart with a hole or a light cut on it,it was a cut out tape that was
schlocked by the record labels to get rid of the returned overstock.

Thanks for asking.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
Old December 2nd 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Look What Noodles Wishes He Got for 75¢

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 06:28:24 -0500, "trippin-2-8-trak"
wrote:

that LP is somewhat popular, but I can't stand listening to it- it's too
commercial top-40-ish snip

Remember, this is the moron who worshipped Jimmy Page and Robert Plant
of Led Zeppelin, until he got on some wacko right-wing site and got a
bunch of phony stories.

Charlie Nudo loves phonies, like Flush Limpdick, Bill O'Rightly and
other morons. They suit his personality...stupid, poorly educated, a
general failure in life...that's Charlie Nudo!

Hey Noodles...better hope the kid gets some goodies at the Kirby
Library Xmas Wing Ding this year...you sure can't afford anything
good!

Someone recently asked... Mr. Jaggers Coins 5 October 11th 07 11:07 AM
Recently Joe Autographs 0 June 2nd 07 01:18 AM
items recently Sue H Autographs 6 July 15th 05 12:11 AM
One of the best sites I have seen recently TheDimeMan Coins 0 May 22nd 05 04:22 PM
STraNGe uNuSuaL Coin collectors recently discovered on EBay frank wight Coins 0 March 28th 04 11:37 PM