Akai CR-80T Arrived!

Old November 21st 07, 05:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
NO BIDS NOODLES

Default Akai CR-80T Arrived!

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 05:17:06 -0800 (PST), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

nice deck you have there- the tape head height and azimuth screws are
on bottom, remove the bottom cover- azimuth
is the small phillips head screw without the spring under it- do NOT
turn the screw with the spring under it- that is only the
tensioner- the head height screw is the larger flat blade screw snip

Don't listen to this incompetent diddler. Go to 8TrackHeaven.com and
look around; Akai alignment instructions are there for your use,
assuming you have a good alignment tape. If you have a Charlie Nudo
alignment tape, demand a refund...it's junk. The only good ones out
there on a routine basis on eBay are the Nortronics and Marantz carts,
and they're pretty rare, but obtainable.
Old November 21st 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
NO BIDS NOODLES

Default insane Charlie Nudo so delusional, he thinks his criminal past will just disappear

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 04:11:44 -0800 (PST), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

look at what he's doing now, he thinks you're a "scamming ebay seller" snip

No, ****wad...I thought he was you, due to a newsreader malfunction. I
gave my apologies. However, your criminal activities are still there
for all to see.

he also had (2) of his own Ebay usernames permanently banned, for
auction harassment- the guy is INSANE snip

Typical eBay reaction to protect their crooked sellers to protect
their income. The scheme didn't work, as eBay's sales number are down
almost 20% from their peak, as people, tired of fraud and deception,
gave up on eBay and went elsewhere.
Old November 21st 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default DeserTBob going through his yearly holiday depression-again

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:03:01 -0800 (PST), still_trackin
wrote:

P.S. I'm looking into having the CR-80T worked on by a qualified tech
in my area....it's a keeper and I don't think I'm up to the job of
head alignment etc., snip

Akai alignment is tricky and takes patience (and the correct
procedure) to do right...which is why none of Nudo's decks work
correctly. Last I looked, you can get the correct alignment procedure
on 8trackheaven. If you can find an AV tech with an alignment
cartridge, by all means have it done. Your idea of using an external
power amp for this is a good one indeed; the onboard amp only puts out
a measly 5 watts, and none too clean.

Again, my apologies for mistaking you for a career petty
criminal...who, as you'll notice, has gone bonkers today.
Old November 21st 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
PETTY CRIMINAL NUDO

Default insane DeserTBob so delusional, he thinks every post is a scamming Ebay seller

wrote:

look at what he's doing now, he thinks you're a "scamming ebay seller" snip

No, I mistook his post for yours, as you change user names like most
people change their shorts.

Here's a recap of the reality:

Regarding the "refund," the facts are clear, and the evidence clearly
exists.

1.) After I complained that your tape was a blatant fake, you told me
"these things happen" and to return the fake tape at my cost to your
Drums, PA address. I was smart enough, after being ripped off by you
for a really bad copy of "So Wrong, They're Right" to match the two
addresses and find that both "coolsitesnsounds" and "66fourdoor" were
indeed one and the same fraudster, Charlie Nudo of Drums, PA. I
wisely added Delivery Confirmation to the postage.

2.) Weeks after the tape arrived AT YOUR RESIDENCE, you told me "no
tape, no refund" after I again demanded a refund check. When I
produced the Delivery Confirmation evidence, your story changed
immediately and you sent a personal check (of which I have a scan) for
$40, on which you then threatened in this newsgroup to stop payment.

3.) The sale of this tape was in violation of eBay's stated policies,
in that you wrote me after I lost the auction, saying that you had "a
lot of these tapes around" and that I "could have one for $40." What
a deal! A ripoff, fake copy of a worn out Radio Shack cartridge, of a
not-to-good original, which I later tested and found to be completely
useless for purposes of head alignment on 8 track cart machines.
Selling auction items outside of eBay during an auction is a violation
of eBay Terms of Service, and your account was suspended for awhile
not long after...one of several times.

4.) You also engaged in illegal duplication and sale of copies of
Russ Fortster's mini documentary film, "So Wrong, They're Right," for
which your "coolsitesnsounds" account was terminated on eBay. The
crappy copy I got was dubbed onto a worn out rental VHS cassette from
which you peeled off the labels and stuck your own ridiculous,
typewritten label. The tape was unacceptably full of dropouts and was
of poor quality, due to being done on a machine with worn out heads.

5.) You engaged in illegal copying of Q8 cartridges, for which you
got a warning and another account shutdown.

All of this is well documented to the point of being common public
knowledge, and I have your emails, complete with headers and ID and IP
numbers, to prove your statements.

And so DeserTBob continues this malarchy and nonsense, to this
day, in this NG. snip

And will until you're gone for good.

One can ponder, why didn't DeserTBob just accept his refund, and walk away
like any other sane person ?? One fella from Arizona offered this reason-
"DeserTBob is cracked". snip

Another "mouse in your pocket," Noodles? Funny how all your Usenet
"friends" don't seem to last very long, but your enemies abound. If
anyone's "cracked" around here, it's you, as well as your being a
proven petty criminal and thief. That's not a "smear"
campaign...that's the truth. Your other problems, exhibited by your
political and religious insanity, are all over Usenet, should anyone
want to evaluate your mental instability.

Charlie Nudo
Drums, PA
"66-catalina" on eBay
....a fraudster to avoid.
Old November 21st 07, 06:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
BACK TAXES at BUMLER

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:44:30 -0700, NO BIDS NOODLES
wrote:

look at what he's doing now, he thinks you're a "scamming ebay seller" snip

No, ****wad...I thought he was you, due to a newsreader malfunction. I
gave my apologies. However, your criminal activities are still there
for all to see. snip

....and here's the recap of SOME of Charlie Nudo's criminal activities
on eBay:

Old November 21st 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
still_trackin

wrote:
[...]

I'm giving the amp/receiver some thought. A guy I know says he has an
integrated Sansui AU-7700 he might want to sell in real nice shape for
about $100.00. I think it's about 80w per channel....might be able to
get him down on the price.
Also know of an old Eico tube integrated/tuner set up that the guy
who owns the TV/Radio repair shop I use has. Nice vintage kit set from
the late 50's, but is only 14w per channel. Would need very sensitive
95db etc., speakers to be able to drive well. Klipsch perhaps?
Might not be as revealing as my ARC tube gear which is probably a
good thing. But the amp might also need to be refurbished to bring it
up to speed, and he might want more than the amp/tuner is worth if
he's willing to part with it at all! I guess he actually built them
back in the day. I'm Still Looking for now.
Old November 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:44:43 -0800 (PST), still_trackin
wrote:

I'm giving the amp/receiver some thought. A guy I know says he has an
integrated Sansui AU-7700 he might want to sell in real nice shape for
about $100.00. I think it's about 80w per channel....might be able to
get him down on the price.
Also know of an old Eico tube integrated/tuner set up that the guy
who owns the TV/Radio repair shop I use has. Nice vintage kit set from
the late 50's, but is only 14w per channel. Would need very sensitive
95db etc., speakers to be able to drive well. Klipsch perhaps? snip

Yes, if it's the old Eicokit I remember, it's got push-pull 6BQ8s
which are really good for about 10WPC...on a good day. The Eicos were
quite popular (I built more than a few Eicokits, as well as Heathkits,
as a kid) but weren't always the best circuit designs. You'd need a
pair of Klipsch La Scalas to get really good sensitivity out of that
setup, and those alone are worth quite a bit...as are the K-horns. I
have a set of custom built Klipsch bottom ends that use JBL 500 Hz
radial horns and 2205 super tweets. 104 dB/m...holy motley!

Might not be as revealing as my ARC tube gear which is probably a
good thing. But the amp might also need to be refurbished to bring it
up to speed, and he might want more than the amp/tuner is worth if
he's willing to part with it at all! I guess he actually built them
back in the day. I'm Still Looking for now. snip

If you can just find an average integrated amp out there, go for it.
Of the two choices you give, the Sansui sounds more like a good
general purpose choice, but the Eicokit might be some fun...although
not particularly good. The Eicos generally used run-of-the-mill
"doorbell" transformers for the outputs, and made up for those with
heavy inverse feedback, so don't expect much. I'd surmise they'd
sound similar to a pair of mono Heath integrated amps of the same
basic circuit design from the mid-1950s, such as the ubiquitous EA-2s.
My dad had three EA-2s feeding a custom speaker array in his offices
for at least 20 years, handling the background music chores in the
waiting room, library and clerical space. They fed some two way
Jensens we'd mounted in tuned port cabinets we'd designed and built at
home that fit up in the ceiling corners. Sounded excellent for what
they were. We'd pick off Muzak's SCA feed from KUTE in Glendale
(after negotiating a reduced fee package) and had better background
music than most. Those old Heaths never missed a day's work until the
day he retired.

I had a pretty impressive (and still have some of it) array of Eico
test gear, including the FM MPX generator, powered by Compactrons of
all things! Heath's scopes and generators were better, to be honest,
but the Eicos served me well for many years. Worst designs of the
kits in that era: The "Knight Kits" from Allied Radio. Usually cheap
components and an indifferent design were the fault there.
Old November 22nd 07, 01:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

On Nov 21, 11:03 am, still_trackin wrote:
On Nov 21, 8:40 am, "trippin-2-8-trak" wrote:

"still_trackin" wrote in message

On Nov 20, 7:50 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:36:39 -0800 (PST), still_trackin

wrote:
Just got my CR-80T today and thought I'd post an update. The deck is
in very nice condition, plays well, changes tracks at least on the
tapes played so far and it doesn't crackle in either channel which is
a relief!
I did notice a little bit of crosstalk inbetween tracks on some
tapes, so it most likely needs a slight head adjustment....I'll have
to look into that in the future. The azimuth seems good...getting some
decent highs for the most part. snip

You're not qualified to do a head alignment on an Akai, even if you
use the "real" GC/Waldom alignment tape, which isn't worth a crap in
itself, although those frauds you sell on eBay are even worse due to
minute misalignments, lack of fluxivity calibration and a the junker
tapes onto which they're copied.

Why do you continue to buy 8 track crap to resell on eBay, when your
reputation worldwide is swirling in the toilet like the big, squishy
turd that you are? Why not be a good little 'tard, pack up your crap
and move to the 8mm NGs. Go annoy them for awhile.

Whoa!!!! Are you confusing me with another person from this news
group? For one...I've never sold an 8 track item on e Bay in my life
and I have no interest in 8mm what so ever. You gave me alot of useful
info on my other posts....I think you may have jumped the gun this
time! Check your old posts.....what gives?

watch your eyes ! DeserTBob is going through his yearly holiday depression
again- one year he was posting remarks that said "f-k Christmas"- the guy
hates his life, hates America, hates God, and hates the world- he has no
family to speak of, and suffers from not being loved as a kid...

add to it, his financial state doesn't allow him to enjoy the holidays...

see below

Holiday Depression
No matter where you go this time of year, you are bound to see festive
lights, beautiful decor, and men and women hustling about, planning holiday
activities, attending parties, shopping for the perfect gifts, and more. The
holiday season is very joyous for some. However, it can be sad, lonely and
often times stressful for many others who experience holiday depression each
year.

Holiday depression, also referred to as the "holiday blues," affects more
than one million people each year. It is a very common emotional experience,
which can be triggered by a number of things, including stress, fatigue,
unrealistic holiday expectations, financial limitations, inability to be
with family and friends during the holidays, or just the opposite, pressure
to be with family and friends. The loss of a loved one or a lifestyle
change, such as a separation or divorce, can also lead to holiday
depression.- Hide quoted text -

Didn't want to open a can of worms here....I guess it was a case of
mistaken identity. No prob DB! Wish this group could get back to the
original focus of "fans of the endless loop"....you guys are very
knowledgable on the subject....it's a shame time and space is wasted
on the same old flaming that has become overly repetitive and quite
frankly boring. I for one don't need to be constantly reminded of
another members life/practices. That's not why I view this group.
The reason I joined this group in the first place was that the
other group never responded to any of my posts. Not sure why? Newbie?
Who knows! It was nice to get a quick and informative response to my
posts from you guys, I appreciate that and value the information.
Enjoy your holiday and keep those carts playing!

P.S. I'm looking into having the CR-80T worked on by a qualified tech
in my area....it's a keeper and I don't think I'm up to the job of
head alignment etc.,- Hide quoted text -

I can align that deck for you, if you want. Where are you located ?

Old November 22nd 07, 02:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
still_trackin

wrote:
[...]

I can align that deck for you, if you want. Where are you located ?- Hide quoted text -

Last night I took the bottom off and experimented with turning the
flat head screw for head height. Figured if I messed up I could take
it in as I intended anyway, so I gave it a shot. Using my copy of
Exile On Main St. which was playing track 2 with quite a bit of track
3 bleed thru, I turned the screw until only the correct track could be
heard.
This was done on tracks 2 and 3 as suggested.

This tape BTW plays fine on all other decks, so I thought it might be
a good starting point. Played other tapes that I could hear bleed thru
inbetween tracks originally and heard virtually none. Only my EMI copy
of The Beatles Love Songs which is a double tape, had a small amount
when I listened closely. Not bad considering this tape exhibits this
on a couple other decks anyway.

Anyway it seemed to help the problem for the most part. I listened to
the deck for several hours last night and the sound is
excellent....azimuth seems pretty accurate. I have it currently
running thru my Audio Research tube system and actually sounds pretty
decent, plus I like having a tuner to use with that set up. Still plan
on using it in another system as I mentioned before in the future.

Will start looking around for an amp after the holidays. Gotta go
now....helping my other half with Thanksgiving preps! Enjoy your
turkey day!
Old November 22nd 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

"William W Western" wrote in message

That NG has pretty well dried up over time as well. It

used
to be flourishing years ago. Seems to me that CalJam chap was even posting
there a few years back, though quite sensibly if my memory is correct.
Anyway, most posters have migrated to policed forums.

well not that we can blame them...it's pretty obvious that Google/Usenet is
infested with lowlife trolls like Ricky and Bob. They are on here, because
they can't last in a moderated forum, for one day- before being banned.