Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Old July 27th 06, 09:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Been watching the news? London's stuck in a heat wave, the entire US
is stuck in a heat wave...how much more before people start calling
for Bush's head?

Here's just a sampling of the records broken in my area in the past
three weeks, from NOAA. Finally, a government agency admitted there's
a problem!

http://www.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=lox
Old July 27th 06, 10:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:11:30 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Um, isn't this what we use to just call a hot summer? snip

Look at the climotological record...there has NEVER been so many days
over 42°C here in a row, nor have the minimums been so high. Last
night's here tied the record since climate records have been kepts for
over 100 years. Not only that, the monsoonal flow that's screwing up
my evaporative cooling savings never happened in July, ever...but it
did a little last, year, and a LOT this year. Things are definitely
changing.

Hot it has been though, for sure. I have never experienced this number of
hot consecutive days in all my time on earth. The other thing is it always
ends up almost 2-4 Celsius warmer than the forecasting. Day after day.
Currently 33 right now and it seems there could be plenty more of that high
88 stuff in the coming weeks. Once it hangs on it is hard to get rid of it,
especially with heat widespread south of us from coast to coast. snip

"Urbanization" is to blame for many of the high minimums. Lawns,
roads, roofs...all man-caused activities...all absorb heat and release
it later, which causes higher minimums, and gives a "head start"
toward higher maximums during the day.

I know one thing...I'm again looking at emigrating to Canada!
Old July 28th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 27 Jul 2006 14:53:41 -0700, "smogchokedLosAngeles"
wrote:

thank God- now we can save big bucks on those winter heating bills,
WWW- right ?

burn baby burn !! snip

What a total moron. You have no idea of the severity of this problem,
do you, Noodles? Oh wait...I forgot...you're "disabled." Mentally,
at least!
Old July 28th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

"Urbanization" is to blame for many of the high minimums. Lawns,
roads, roofs...all man-caused activities...all absorb heat and release
it later, which causes higher minimums, and gives a "head start"
toward higher maximums during the day.

I have been told that the climate in the Phoenix area is
an example of man made changes. Thanks to lawn watering, non native
vegetation, and air conditioning - the humidity levels are a far cry from
the 50s when allergy sufferers craved the dry pollen free relief of the
area.

Old July 28th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

thank God- now we can save big bucks on those winter heating bills,
WWW- right ?

There was a pretty standard gag here in
Winnipeg years back when aerosol was fingered as a culprit of global
warming. People would pretend to be running amok spraying with two fisted
abandon.

Old July 28th 06, 07:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:37:03 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

"Urbanization" is to blame for many of the high minimums. Lawns,
roads, roofs...all man-caused activities...all absorb heat and release
it later, which causes higher minimums, and gives a "head start"
toward higher maximums during the day.

I have been told that the climate in the Phoenix area is
an example of man made changes. Thanks to lawn watering, non native
vegetation, and air conditioning - the humidity levels are a far cry from
the 50s when allergy sufferers craved the dry pollen free relief of the
area. snip

Correct, and it's true in any desert area. Out here, due to unbridled
development, the humidity has been on a tear for the last couple of
years. When it used to be routine to have dew points down near 0°C
and below, we're now seeing as high as 15°C, which to me, is too
humid. My swampie cooler earns its nickname in such circumstance, and
I have to go over to refrigeration to stay around 25° or so. Not to
worry! Solar panels are on the way!
Old July 28th 06, 07:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:40:30 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

thank God- now we can save big bucks on those winter heating bills,
WWW- right ?

There was a pretty standard gag here in
Winnipeg years back when aerosol was fingered as a culprit of global
warming. People would pretend to be running amok spraying with two fisted
abandon. snip

Drew Carey used to have that as part of his routine, but dropped it a
few years back.
Old July 28th 06, 11:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
smogchokedLosAngeles

William W Western wrote:
thank God- now we can save big bucks on those winter heating bills,
WWW- right ?

There was a pretty standard gag here in
Winnipeg years back when aerosol was fingered as a culprit of global
warming. People would pretend to be running amok spraying with two fisted
abandon.

smoke means progress- spray today, save on heat tomorrow

I exercise my God-given right to liberally release all the freon from
my car AC unit into the atmosphere, before recharging it.

What a country !

Old July 28th 06, 11:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
smogchokedLosAngeles

William W Western wrote:
"Urbanization" is to blame for many of the high minimums. Lawns,
roads, roofs...all man-caused activities...all absorb heat and release
it later, which causes higher minimums, and gives a "head start"
toward higher maximums during the day.

I have been told that the climate in the Phoenix area is
an example of man made changes. Thanks to lawn watering, non native
vegetation, and air conditioning - the humidity levels are a far cry from
the 50s when allergy sufferers craved the dry pollen free relief of the
area.

keep in mind, you're near the west coast there, and anything out there
is ****ed !

Old July 28th 06, 04:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 28 Jul 2006 03:24:09 -0700, "smogchokedLosAngeles"
wrote:

I exercise my God-given right to liberally release all the freon from
my car AC unit into the atmosphere, before recharging it. snip

That'll get you 10 years in Federal Prison, idiot.

Forwarded to the EPA for action, with all your "personal
information.".

What a country ! snip

What a moron!

You probably have screwed up more refrigeration systems than anyone I
know. Just WTF are you doing "releasing" Freon® from a working system
for, anyway? A well maintained system won't need any "purging" for
years. I've worked on chillers and self-contained HVAC units that
hadn't been evacuated in 40 years. Of course, Noodles, being the
apostolic idiot he is, probably thinks you have to "change" the
Freon®!

Charlie Nudo...causing more damage to society than 100 honest people.