New Uncirculated AE Mint Sets

Old September 18th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default New Uncirculated AE Mint Sets

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/inde...release&ID=712

I wonder if these will be annual sets.

Old September 19th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
kodakoda

Are these the same coins that are in the 20th anniversary uncirc
1 ounce gold and silver set? If they are then it will only cost
you $739.95 vs. buying them in the box for $850. Anyone who
ordered the anniversary set should cancel before they are delivered
and just order the uncirc coins. I called the Mints 800-872-6468
number and talked to customer service. They could not tell me
for sure if they were the same coins. They thought they were from
the descriptions but told me to call back next week and they
would have more information. This issue was new to them.
They agreed that $110 for a box seems crazy if they are the
same coins. Is the Mint undermining there own products?
Does anyone out there know if they are the same coins?

oups.com...

Old September 19th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Meadows Family

I think the uncirculated coins will become commonplace. I believe the coins
to aquire are the gold and silver reverse proof coins. To get those you
still need to buy the sets.

oups.com...

Old September 21st 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael

The sets to buy are the 3-coin sets with the 2006 only reverse proofs.
The 2 coin UNC set is nothing special since these coins, as I
suspected, are a new annual addition to the American Eagle lineup.

Old September 21st 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Carney

Michael wrote:
The sets to buy are the 3-coin sets with the 2006 only reverse proofs.

Unless the Mint decides to issue these as a single. My finger's on the
cancel button if that happens.

John

Old September 21st 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
K6AZ

On 21 Sep 2006 06:16:37 -0700, "John carney" wrote:

Michael wrote:
The sets to buy are the 3-coin sets with the 2006 only reverse proofs.

Unless the Mint decides to issue these as a single. My finger's on the
cancel button if that happens.

John

At this point, I don't trust them. I cancelled all my orders. I got talked into
these sets, and now I understand why I held out buying any of these
new items.
--
K6AZ Forum

http://www.k6az.com/forum/
Old September 21st 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael

Wouldn't this be illegal? One can't advertise a coin as limited
edition. Then once it sells out continue to offer it as a single
option.