Scott International Albums

Old September 13th 05, 11:35 AM
darkrats

Default Scott International Albums

I've been looking around the net for the 1840-1940 pages for the Scott
International Album. I noticed that you can buy them in 4 parts. However,
every site I checked mentions that parts 1 and 2 are out of print, not
available, with no known reprint date.

Anyone know what's going on, why a problem with parts 1 and 2, and if
there's any news as to when they will be made available again.

Thanks.

Old September 13th 05, 12:56 PM
John Mycroft

They're produced by Vintage Reproductions - don't know what their website
etc - and mainly sold by Subway Stamps. Could be that part 1 & 2 are sold
out because the Victorian era is more interesting than the 1930s.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old September 14th 05, 07:57 AM

John Mycroft wrote:
They're produced by Vintage Reproductions - don't know what their website
etc - and mainly sold by Subway Stamps. Could be that part 1 & 2 are sold
out because the Victorian era is more interesting than the 1930s.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Hi John,

I may be wrong but I believe that the Subway Vintage reproductions are
for the the "Big Brown" Scott album which was reproduced by Vintage.

Jerry B

Old September 15th 05, 04:48 AM
darkrats

Is the reproduction edition of the "Big Brown" album still available?
Can anyone provide a direct link to the Vintage product?

I actually have an original "Big Brown" album that I found in a used
bookstore, but all the stamps had been removed.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 15th 05, 07:04 AM

Hi darkrats,

You can order them through Subway stamps. Go to

http://www.subwaystamp.com/shop/brand.asp?brand=vr

for more info.

By the way did you receive my e-mail?

Jerry B

Old September 15th 05, 02:28 PM
John Mycroft

Gday
I am currently disembowelling the remnants of a couple of big browns that I
bought at auction. I'm putting them into a Vintage Repro set of albums that
I bought direct from Vintage Reproductions. The big browns are printed both
sides of the page whereas the VRs are printed on only one side which is much
better.
The page layout of the VRs is almost 100% identical to that of the big
browns. I can pretty much transfer the stamps straight from one to the
other without engaging perf gauge, watermark detector etc - a real idiot
job!