Snowy Egret

Old November 15th 04, 12:12 AM
AK47

Default Snowy Egret

On November 13, I received two letters franked with the 37 cent US snowy
egret definitive. The two stamps seem identical in all respects, except
that the “2004” year date in the lower left corner appears to be thicker
on one stamp than the other.

Is this a recognized variety, or is it an optical illusion on my part.
--
To e-mail me get rid of the cats and dogs.
Old November 15th 04, 11:49 PM
TC Blair

AK47 wrote in message ...
On November 13, I received two letters franked with the 37 cent US snowy
egret definitive. The two stamps seem identical in all respects, except
that the ?2004? year date in the lower left corner appears to be thicker
on one stamp than the other.

Is this a recognized variety, or is it an optical illusion on my part.

Hello AK47:

The USA Snowy Egret Coil and Booklet stamps have several varieties.

Snowy Egret issued at POSTAGE STAMP MEGA SHOW, New York City
October 24, 2003 - 37-cent coil definitive of 100 (Scott 3829)

FDC (2003) http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/d2/a3/ac_1.JPG

(Coil Dated 2003) http://shop.usps.com/images/03_snowyegret37_d.jpg

Plate Number Coil 5 Plate Number V2111 mint 2003 coil strip
http://members.aol.com/rbonefas/egret.jpg

Plate Number coil 5 Plate Number V3222 Peak/Valley.
http://home.comcast.net/~knorbee/phi...29v3222pvm.jpg

(Coil Dated 2004) http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/bd/39/56_1_b.JPG

(Coil pair scott 3829a) 3829A, 2004 SNOWY EGRET COIL PAIR
http://home.neo.rr.com/thenoernbergzoo/074a.jpg

Snowy Egret issued Norfolk, Virginia 23501
January 30, 2004

Single 37-cent definitive stamp, available in a pane of 20.
(Scott 3830)(Booklet is Scott 3830a)

FDC 2004 http://www.sellmestamps.com/scans/cere30.JPG

#3830a 37c SNOWY EGRET BOOKLET /20 PLATE #P11111
http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/77/8a/22_1.JPG

I hope this helps you.

Blair Stannard (TC)
Old November 25th 04, 12:45 AM
AK47

AK47 wrote:
On November 13, I received two letters franked with the 37 cent US snowy
egret definitive. The two stamps seem identical in all respects, except
that the “2004” year date in the lower left corner appears to be thicker
on one stamp than the other.

Is this a recognized variety, or is it an optical illusion on my part.

Following up my post from last week,I have uploaded magnified scans to
my website.

http://users.rcn.com/jnobrien/egret_dates.jpg

It seems to me that the printing of the 2004 date on the upper stamp is
thicker and shorter than the lower. Also, the upper stamp was much
harder to remove from the paper than the lower; it seemed to have an
extra layer of adhesive.
Both stamps were coils, the die cuts and the rest of the printing seem
identical in all respects.
Is this a recognized variety, have I made a new discovery , or is this a
product of my imagination?

Thanks for your input.

--
To e-mail me get rid of the cats and dogs.
Old November 29th 04, 10:33 PM
Albumen

Show them to a dealer and tell him you'll sell for a slight advance over
face.

If he takes the bait, then you know you have a winner. :-)

-a

--

Send Replies to: