Philatelic Publications available

Old December 17th 05, 11:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Default Philatelic Publications available

Make best offer -- I am listing total weight next to items for calculation of postage that you're going to need to pay

Postal Order News (entire volume 9(1994)) -- 9.3 ounces (260 grams)

Forerunners (by the Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa) issues -- 5 lbs (2.3 kg):

a.. issue V:3 (November 1991/February 1992)
b.. entire volume VIII (March 1994 to February 1995, three issues)
c.. entire volume IX (March 1995 to February 1996, three issues)
d.. issues X:1 and X:2 (March to June 1996 and July to October 1996)
Please send funds to via PayPal, BidPay or MoneyBookers... or by mail to the address below (I take most if not all currencies -- e-mail me first if you're using something exotic like Shequels, Afghanis or Rubles):

Richard Lee
1738 Brame Pl
Toledo OH 43613-4626

Thank you -- R

Old December 18th 05, 02:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

I could read the postings in the normal way. I did not see the mumbo-jumbo
below. Could it be that your settings are doing that?

Tony

"J. A. Mc." wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:50:54 -0500, "Richard Lee"
found
these unused words floating about:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY
PMake best offer -- I am listing total weight next to items for
calculation of
postage that you're going to need to pay /P
PEMPostal Order News/EM (entire volume 9(1994)) -- 9.3 ounces (260
grams)/P
PEMForerunners/EM (by the Philatelic Society for Greater Southern
Africa)
issues -- 5 lbs (2.3 kg):/P
UL
LIissue V:3 (November 1991/February 1992)
LIentire volume VIII (March 1994 to February 1995, three issues)
LIentire volume IX (March 1995 to February 1996, three issues)
LIissues X:1 and X:2 (March to June 1996 and July to October
1996)/LI/UL
DIVPlease send funds to A
t/A via PayPal, BidPay
or
MoneyBookers... or by mail to the address below (I take most if not all
currencies -- e-mail me first if you're using something exotic like
Shequels,
Afghanis or Rubles):/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVRichard Lee/DIV
DIV1738 Brame Pl/DIV
DIVToledo OH 43613-4626/DIV
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=3Thank you -- R/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV/BODY/HTML

Be awful nice IF you'd post in -PLAIN TEXT- for the general newsreaders
!!!

Old December 18th 05, 02:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

In , on 12/17/2005
at 05:43 PM, J. A. Mc. said:

Be awful nice IF you'd post in -PLAIN TEXT- for the general newsreaders ...!!!

Hmmmm. I saw it in plain text. I'm surprised that the popular "Agent"
didn't notice the alternate parts and show the text as lowest common
denominator.

But you're right, HTML has no biz in newsgroups, and Outlook Express should
know that.

Nick

Old December 18th 05, 07:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Default Philatelic Publications available - repost in plain text

at the direct request of someone wanting this in plain text... (note that
Outlook's default is html)

Make best offer -- I am listing total weight next to items for calculation
of postage that you're going to need to pay

Postal Order News (entire volume 9(1994)) -- 9.3 ounces (260 grams)

Forerunners (by the Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa)
issues -- 5 lbs (2.3 kg):
issue V:3 (November 1991/February 1992)
entire volume VIII (March 1994 to February 1995, three issues)
entire volume IX (March 1995 to February 1996, three issues)
issues X:1 and X:2 (March to June 1996 and July to October 1996)

Please send funds to via PayPal, BidPay or
MoneyBookers... or by mail to the address below (I take most if not all
currencies -- e-mail me first if you're using something exotic like
Shequels, Afghanis or Rubles):

Richard Lee
1738 Brame Pl
Toledo OH 43613-4626 USA

Thank you -- R

Old December 18th 05, 10:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:52:57 -0600, A.E. Gelat wrote:
I could read the postings in the normal way. I did not see the mumbo-jumbo
below. Could it be that your settings are doing that?

Nope, he's posting with HTML turned on. Makes whatever he's saying
nearly impossible to find in many (most?) newsreaders.

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=GENERATOR

and it looks like he's using a Microsoft product to do it.

DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV

I love how MS generates HTML - the above makes four spaces in text.

Old December 19th 05, 04:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

(really big snip)

I have revised the posting to conform to older newsreaders (see earlier
post - one labelled repost in plain text) -- please note, that whenever
there is always a question of what has been written, it is always best to
write directly to the writer/seller (I have no fear of SPAM -- I filter that
quite well -- it don't get tossed out, it gets eaten, eventually ). I've
actually encountered computer salesmen on the forsale newsgroups who
neglected to tell exactly where in the world they're located -- not good
when most machines weigh 20 lbs (9 kgs).

Richard

BTW: I also have the following copies of American Philatelist available for
sale (year, month)

(1993 - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 , 08, 09, 11)
(1994 - 03, 04, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11)
(1995 - 11)
(1996 - 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12)
(1997 - all except 07)
(1998 - all except 01)
(1999 - entire year)
(2005 - 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12)

Old December 19th 05, 04:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.stamps.worldwide,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:23:37 -0500, Richard Lee wrote:
(really big snip)

I have revised the posting to conform to older newsreaders (see earlier
post - one labelled repost in plain text) --

Came through loud and clear!