8-track player tune up service

Old March 18th 04, 01:19 PM
trippin2-8track

Default 8-track player tune up service

After receiving a big response from the tracking community as a whole
on serviced tape decks, I'm offering the 8-track deck tuneup to
everyone in the world !

You'll notice all my 8-track players on ebay are cleaned, adjusted,
tested, and playing. No "as is" auctions here.

This service offers all the same work my ebay decks get, i.e.-

Inside electronics sprayed with CRC QD cleaner ($10 a can)- exterior
wiped down with mild cleaner and wood/front panel polished.

Capstan resurfaced with cross hatch pattern so it grips tape, no
dragging.

Tape speed set dead on 3.75 IPS with timing tape.

Head height/azimuth adjusted with technicians' alignment tape- minimal
or zero crosstalk between songs/tracks after adjustment, and clear
stereo separation effect. (but remember, a bootleg cart recorded
off-track will ghost track on any player!)

capstan/tape head/channel switch cleaned.

belt checked/changed as needed

motor checked/lubed as needed

I will also re-attach tape heads to plastic head supports that have
broken in the process- and have my own process that works quite well
for that. I've run across many of these lately and have fixed all of
them.

The price for the service is $50 and that includes the shipping and
insurance back to you, in the USA. Very large/heavy players will be
more, due to their shipping weight. Overseas email first.

I don't know how long I'll be offering this service, so if interested
act now while the offer exists. If/when I get heavily backlogged, I
won't be taking anymore for a while. There is a backlog already- first
deck in is first deck out.

You must pay the shipping to me first, to get the deck here.

later !

t2-8t
Old March 18th 04, 11:54 PM
Fx199

rom: (trippin2-8track)

exterior
wiped down with mild cleaner and wood/front panel polished.

bwahahahaha!!!!
Old March 19th 04, 01:05 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Whatever ANY of you folks out there do, please do not send your
equipment to Charlie (unless you really really do not like your
equipment). Dan Jobin ) is the tech of this group,
and he does a great job.

Wipe it down Charlie...that is about all you are good for.

Danno

--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old March 19th 04, 12:30 PM
trippin2-8track

Dan, that shows what you know. I have a one-year course certification
in basic electronics, I went to school for it-in 1982.

Besides, they aren't taking you seriously:

Subj: Question for seller -- Item #3083239404
Date: 3/9/2004 9:01:58 AM Eastern Standard Time

Hi Charlie, Sounds pretty fair. I'm in the Bronx, New York. The first
machine is a Panasonic 803 or 805 I can't remember. I also have a
Pioneer ( H65 ) ??? and a Fisher . I'll have to check the exact model
#'s when I get home. Let's do the Panasonic first. I can pack it up
this weekend. Just let me know where to send it. Thanks
Old March 19th 04, 12:37 PM
trippin2-8track

Fx199 wrote:

rom: (trippin2-8track)

exterior
wiped down with mild cleaner and wood/front panel polished.

bwahahahaha!!!!

7 DECKS BACKLOGGED SO FAR FOR SERVICE- DESPITE DAN GIBSON
Old March 19th 04, 01:59 PM
trippin2-8track

Subj: Question for seller -- Item #3083239404
Date: 3/19/2004 8:08:55 AM Eastern Standard Time

Thanks Charlie, Can't wait to hear how it sounds. As we discussed I
don't have Paypal, so I will mail payment today to the same address I
sent the deck to. As soon as I have it back in place I'll send the
Pioneer (Centrex)