Another place that accepts USA$1 coins

Old January 3rd 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Default Another place that accepts USA$1 coins

I note that within the past few weeks, the newsstand price of USAToday went
from $0.75 to $1.00 (Grrrr...). Just for the h*** of it, I tried it. Yepper,
even though they don't say it, their vending boxes do accept $1 coins. :-)

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old January 3rd 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

On Jan 3, 3:25*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
I note that within the past few weeks, the newsstand price of USAToday went
from $0.75 to $1.00 (Grrrr...). *Just for the h*** of it, I tried it. *Yepper,
even though they don't say it, their vending boxes do accept $1 coins. *:-)

The question remains why anyone would pay $.75, let alone a dollar, to
read that rag?

Old January 3rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Jan 3, 4:01*pm, RWF wrote:
On Jan 3, 3:25*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

I note that within the past few weeks, the newsstand price of USAToday went
from $0.75 to $1.00 (Grrrr...). *Just for the h*** of it, I tried it. *Yepper,
even though they don't say it, their vending boxes do accept $1 coins. *:-)

The question remains why anyone would pay $.75, let alone a dollar, to
read that rag?

I do, I like their sports section.
Old January 3rd 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

___________________________________________ ____
_______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise
again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | |
_______________

If you got the time on the Internet. http://www.usatoday.com/

It is free on the World Wide Web.

Old January 4th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in ...

___________________________________________ *____
_______________
Regards, * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * *|\ * *____
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * | * *| | *| * *|\
___________________________________________ | * *| | *| * *| |
_______________

If you got the time on the Internet. *http://www.usatoday.com/

It is free on the World Wide Web.

I prefer to read a paper copy on my lunch break.
Old January 4th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"stonej" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 4:35 pm, "Arizona Coin Collector" wrote:
"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in

I note that within the past few weeks, the newsstand price of USAToday
went
from $0.75 to $1.00 (Grrrr...). Just for the h*** of it, I tried it.
Yepper, even though they don't say it, their vending boxes do accept $1
coins. :-)

--
___________________________________________ ____
_______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise
again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |

If you got the time on the Internet. http://www.usatoday.com/

It is free on the World Wide Web.

I prefer to read a paper copy on my lunch break.

And they're great when at an out of town airport waiting for a flight. I'll
always defer to a paper copy of the daily paper.