local USPS- I had been lulled into a sense of security. Message sent

Old April 3rd 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
raginSteveK

Default local USPS- I had been lulled into a sense of security. Message sent

A package was sent to me which contained two coins. One of them was
fairly pricey, but had value- real and aesthetic-over and above the
purchase price. The coins were logged in at a local USPS facility on
Saturday, March 28,

and disappeared without a trace.

Several other packages delivered into the area intended for others are
missing over the same time frame. Whether this was a spike of
incompetence (OR WORSE), or the beginning of an ongoing problem, is
not known. Only a couple of conclusions can be drawn. Neither is
complimentary to the local USPS.

Be cautious! If you aren sending valuable material via Wilmington, NC
28408, you may wish to consider shipping methods which track the
package every step of the way.

If the package has value above some dollar limit (an eventual
insurance reimbursement does not seem adequate), you may be wise to
select another method of delivery.
=====================
Give me one good reason why I should not post this where millions can
see it!
(the ONLY one that I find acceptable is the return of the merchandise
by whomever "misplaced" it)
Old April 3rd 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default local USPS- I had been lulled into a sense of security. Message sent to USPS:

"raginSteveK" wrote in message

[...]

Hello

Have you check to see if the coins were place for
sale on Wilmintions Craislist? Below is the latest
posting with images dated 04/01/09.

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/clt/1101829828.html

Here in Phoenix, Craigslist is known as
"theftlist" due to the high number of stolen
items place on sale in the Phoenix area.

..

Old April 3rd 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Allured[_3_]

raginSteveK wrote:

[...]

Steve,

File an official claim with the USPS! They have postal inspectors whose
job is to investigate and arrest postal thieves!

Buy postal insurance for valuable packages! It's cheap!

Use registered mail for valuable packages!

Yes you should post this where millions can see it!

--Dave
Old April 3rd 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default local USPS- I had been lulled into a sense of security. Message

I won an auction on eBay in March 2008. Seller sent it with tracking.
When I didn't receive it after a couple weeks, I contacted them and
they told me that the tracking showed an attempted delivery at
10:30am. My mail NEVER shows up before 1pm. I contacted local USPS,
and they too showed the same information. Long story short (too late
already), it FINALLY showed up 14 months later. As it was only a $40
purchase, I never pursued any compensation. I never even left feedback
for the seller. I did however contact the seller to let them know that
it did arrive. This unfortunately is NOT an uncommon occurance.
Old April 5th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
raginSteveK

On Apr 3, 11:02*am, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
[...]

.craigslist is a good idea; I ws trying to find a way to get pawn shops involved- in 1 fell swoop- without having to make 100 phone calls.

I sent a nasty-gram to USPS- no where near as nasty as I felt- without
details (what details are needed? my pkg got here; it's vanished)

A customer service person got back to me (a person, not a 'bot),
asking for detail. I attached some files, but basically said I wanted
no reply except to say: we found your package, or we know who
"misplaced" it, and it's being handled.

Old April 19th 09, 09:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
raginSteveK

wrote:

[...]

Coins have not shown up in local coin shops, or in pawn shops
accepting coins- I guess that's a good sign. Dropped off a note for
the head USPS honcho-
I need a formal response he has someone EVEN LOOKED AROUND??
It's a no-brainer: either the coins are still here, or someone ripped
me off. Either way- you have some looking and explaining to do !!!

Makes Sense Don Coins 8 February 3rd 06 08:46 AM
At U.S. Bank, we take security and privacy very seriously. In orderto provide additional securityfor your online transactions, we haveintroduced some new important security standards andbrowser requirements.We need to check your computer system for c George D Coins 0 February 9th 05 12:00 AM
Pennys & Sense Foxtrot360 Coins 4 November 30th 04 10:03 PM
Have to appreciate a sense of humor RAR Coins 10 October 10th 04 05:39 PM
Does this make sense to anyone? BlackJet76 Card discussions 2 July 15th 03 11:02 PM