Vote For A New Leader

Old December 12th 04, 01:27 PM

Default Vote For A New Leader

The only way to resolve the problems in this newsgroup is for someone
to set up a new forum (I suggest
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Book-Collecting or something
similar) and then hold a vote to nominate a site owner.

Each candidate could briefly spell out their proposed policies and then
people could vote for a leader. Hopefully that would enable the sanest,
calmest, most tolerant and least prejudiced person to win.

I think for obvious reasons that the following people would make
extremely bad leaders:

Myself, Michael Adams, John Pelan, Bud Webster, Bob Finnan, Lawrence
Person, Salmonson or the Rodens. (There may be others, I'm not as
familiar with the group's antagonists as others may be.)

A simple FAQ could preclude personal abuse and excessive profanity. It
could also place reasonable limits on book-related product because
clearly the current system is not working, and clearly it is the cause
of much petty schoolground conflict. (Modest plugging of book-related
product is in my view on-topic and wholly different to wild,
non-specific spamming.) The new site owner could even decide to
nominate a small panel who would consider matters of posting rules and
membership eviction. Really, it's very easily achieved, provided one
approaches it with a pro-active and positive perspective.

I would personally nominate John YW. I would favour an unrestricted and
open discussion group as addressed above where John possesses the power
to evict persistently abusive posters and excessive spammers.
CB
http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old December 12th 04, 02:08 PM
Bob

"fundoc" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

The only way to resolve the problems in this newsgroup is for someone
to set up a new forum (I suggest
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Book-Collecting or something
similar) and then hold a vote to nominate a site owner.

Each candidate could briefly spell out their proposed policies and then
people could vote for a leader. Hopefully that would enable the sanest,
calmest, most tolerant and least prejudiced person to win.

I nominate myself on account of my ready wit, suave urbanity, even temper
and great personal charm.

--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Old December 12th 04, 03:14 PM
Bob

My platform:
No hoppy, no adumbs, no palmjob and, best of all, no yammy spouting his
hypocrisy!
A vote for me is a vote for sanity!

--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Old December 12th 04, 04:21 PM

I looked at your website. Is it 'healthy' for a grown man to be so
deeply interested in boys' juvenile fiction?

Old December 12th 04, 05:39 PM
John Pelan

On 12 Dec 2004 05:27:21 -0800, wrote:

[...]

I have another suggestion and one I think of equal merit: Why don't
you stick your head in the oven and turn up the gas?

Cheers,

John
Old December 12th 04, 05:40 PM
John Pelan

On 12 Dec 2004 08:21:59 -0800, wrote:

I looked at your website. Is it 'healthy' for a grown man to be so
deeply interested in boys' juvenile fiction?

Oh dear, another Haunted Cesspool pamphlet in the works!
Old December 12th 04, 06:52 PM
Randy Burns

It's amazing how much you can improve your Usenet experience by killfiling
one or two posters.

Randy

--

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message

Congratulations are therefore in order. He's now only the second person
in the history of this newsgroup to make it into my killfile. (Adams was
the first.)

Old December 12th 04, 07:24 PM
John Yamamoto-Wilson

Bob Finnan wrote:

A vote for me is a vote for sanity!

I'll bet that's the nicest thing anyone's said about you all year!

--
John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com
Old December 12th 04, 09:13 PM
Tom

Bob wrote:

My platform:
No hoppy, no adumbs, no palmjob and, best of all, no yammy spouting his
hypocrisy!
A vote for me is a vote for sanity!

--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Yeah, right.

I suppose it could said of the group, that I am the one that holds
you in the highest regard, and I think you're a foul-mouthed tosser.

Tom