Guess I will be forced to withhold feedback until buyers give theirs...

Old October 29th 05, 03:57 AM
Frank Provasek

Default Guess I will be forced to withhold feedback until buyers give theirs...

I have always given feedback as soon as the buyer pays...but I guess I will
have to start waiting for the buyer to give theirs first. Due to a death in
the family, I was stranded in Arkansas for 10 days, but kept in contact with
buyers whose ebay auctions were ending. Out of about 50 items sold, 4
people filed for Paypal refunds after paying by Paypal, even though the
items were on the way and I had sent a note to all of them about the delay.
Paypal debited my account twice for items which were shown to have been in
the mail and were later delivered...I am having to "appeal" these. Two
others left negative feedback, one claiming that I sent him a penny instead
of a one ounce silver round, and filing a "not as described" complaint with
Paypal. Another left a negative saying I had printed the shipping label
but "USPS never picked up the package."

Then, I got email from Square Trade offering to "remove " the negatives for
$29.95 each, but only as far as the feedback score..the negative comments
would remain!

I gave positive feedback to all 4 of these buyers immediately after they
paid.

It's as if 8% of the buyers, knowing there would be a delay, took advantage
of my family's grief to try and get something for nothing.

Old October 29th 05, 04:10 AM
Bob Flaminio

Frank Provasek wrote:
It's as if 8% of the buyers, knowing there would be a delay, took
advantage of my family's grief to try and get something for nothing.

More likely it's 8% of the buyers are flippin' morons. You would be
doing the community a great service if you outed these hosers' eBay IDs,
so that we may block them and avoid their nonsense.

--
Bob

Old October 29th 05, 04:20 AM

Frank Provasek wrote:
I have always given feedback as soon as the buyer pays...but I guess I will
have to start waiting for the buyer to give theirs first. Due to a death in
the family, I was stranded in Arkansas for 10 days, but kept in contact with
buyers whose ebay auctions were ending...

Frank, I was in this position just recently when my brother died
unexpectedly. I ended three pages of auctions because I knew there
would be problems like this that came out of it. I don't make a living
on auctions as you do, so I could do this.

You've been in business for a while with good success, so I wouldn't
change anything. Why toy with a successful practice because of a couple
of people were unhappy? I hope that dispute resolution has a good
enough outcome. I believe that your score will not be lowered by the
negatives if there is mutual consent to remove them, even though there
will be a note that they were withdrawn. I'm not really sure how it
works, but many sellers with very high feedback ratings have scores of
mutually withdrawn negatives. I've run into them often when I toolhaus
their feedback.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Anita

Old October 29th 05, 02:29 PM
Dhakala

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
First off, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Frank. Secondly, an eBay
seller should never leave feedback till the transaction is 100% complete.
This means that you don't leave feedback till the buyer acknowledges by
e-mail or leaving feedback first that they have received the item and allis
well. Best wishes.

Rita, you're scaring me again.

Old October 29th 05, 05:09 PM

Rita I thought you knew better than that -- as has been said here a
million times when a buyer pays you he is through - he does not even
have to leave you FB ( most don't) -- why in the world would a seller
burden himself with checking to see if every buyer emails you back
after receipt or leaves FB for you???? - you got that much time on
your hand???

I'm using selling manager to automatically leave FB when a buyer pays
me - works great - I never check to see if a buyer has lleft me FB
or not -- don't care I've got plenty with only 2 negs in 6+ years

My 3 1/2 cents worth (inflation has overcome 2 cents worth)

Old October 29th 05, 10:04 PM
Brian Harrison

You should have provided proof that somebody died. They probably didn't
believe you.

Old October 29th 05, 11:07 PM

Don Lancaster wrote:
wrote:

I'm using selling manager to automatically leave FB when a buyer pays
me

Thus totally trashing the feedback system and doing a serious disservice
to other eBay sellers.

And eventually posting an outright lie.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss:
http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com

You might explain (1) trashing??? (2)disservice??? & (3) outright
lie??? --- Answer (1) When a buyer pays he has met his obligation
101% (2) telling other Ebay sellers that a buywer paid up is NOT a
disservice (3) I think Don just made this up

If you are gonna hold yourself out as a guru then act like a guru --
it is scarry to think some newbie might click on your web site and
believe you know-it-all --- Your web site??? As I and others have
said before it is just spam for what you are selling but, I gotta
admit, real good hidden spam