Alternatives to eBay for Coins

Old January 14th 05, 11:40 PM
Bob Flaminio

Default Alternatives to eBay for Coins

For those whining about eBay's rate hike, keep in mind that there are
alternatives out the

http://auctions.yahoo.com/ -- 13,218 coin listings

http://www.bidville.com/ -- 10,469 coin listings

http://www.amazon.com/ -- 9845 coin listings, not including Amazon
Marketplace and zShops sellers

http://auctions.overstock.com -- 943 coin listings (with anti-snipe
policy!
http://images.auctions.overstock.com...er_static.html
)

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=coins -- 118,000 confirmed listings

Plus there's the "real" coin auction houses like Heritage, Teletrade,
etc.

Anyone got any other leads?

--
Bob

Old January 15th 05, 12:07 AM
beekeep

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:40:01 -0800, "Bob Flaminio"
wrote:

For those whining about eBay's rate hike, keep in mind that there are
alternatives out the

http://auctions.yahoo.com/ -- 13,218 coin listings

http://www.bidville.com/ -- 10,469 coin listings

http://www.amazon.com/ -- 9845 coin listings, not including Amazon
Marketplace and zShops sellers

http://auctions.overstock.com -- 943 coin listings (with anti-snipe
policy!
http://images.auctions.overstock.com...er_static.html
)

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=coins -- 118,000 confirmed listings

Plus there's the "real" coin auction houses like Heritage, Teletrade,
etc.

Anyone got any other leads?

--
Bob

When are we going to set up a legal defense fund for when Ebay sues
RCC? The number of posts complaining about Ebay's greed are getting
more frequent. Is the end near?

beekeep

Old January 15th 05, 12:17 AM
Ian

wrote:

[...]

Careful Beekeep. You might get named in a suit as one of the ring `Up
Headers' in the campaign to damage ebay's potential prosperity.

Ian
`stranger things.....'
Old January 15th 05, 12:29 AM
Kyle Mutcher

Vcoin is decent, mainly ancients, but soon to have world coins. It's made up
of Dealers that seem to be all on the up and up, decent reputations. I think
they have a filter / policy to
keep out sleazy dealers from Florida and others that aren't reputable.

Kyle.

Old January 15th 05, 12:36 AM
Bob Flaminio

Kyle Mutcher wrote:
Vcoin is decent, mainly ancients, but soon to have world coins. It's
made up of Dealers that seem to be all on the up and up, decent
reputations. I think they have a filter / policy to
keep out sleazy dealers from Florida and others that aren't reputable.

Do they actually sell stuff there? It looks more like a coin focused
search engine.

--
Bob

Old January 15th 05, 12:58 AM
Moses Horwitz

Bob Flaminio wrote:

For those whining about eBay's rate hike, keep in mind that there are
alternatives out the

http://auctions.yahoo.com/ -- 13,218 coin listings

http://www.bidville.com/ -- 10,469 coin listings

http://www.amazon.com/ -- 9845 coin listings, not including Amazon
Marketplace and zShops sellers

http://auctions.overstock.com -- 943 coin listings (with anti-snipe
policy!
http://images.auctions.overstock.com...er_static.html
)

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=coins -- 118,000 confirmed listings

Plus there's the "real" coin auction houses like Heritage, Teletrade,
etc.

Anyone got any other leads?

--
Bob

This is one from south of the border

http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/

http://tinyurl.com/4umzv

oops! eBay has it's hooks in this one too!

JAM
Old January 15th 05, 01:00 AM
Moses Horwitz

Kyle Mutcher wrote:

Vcoin is decent, mainly ancients, but soon to have world coins. It's made up
of Dealers that seem to be all on the up and up, decent reputations. I think
they have a filter / policy to
keep out sleazy dealers from Florida and others that aren't reputable.

Kyle.

Ya Ya! Let's bash Florida!

JAM
Old January 15th 05, 02:19 AM
James Higby

There are good dealers (most of them, in fact) from all fifty states, as
well as all countries represented here on rcc. What's this Florida
business?

James
'I respect the Sunshine State'

Old January 15th 05, 03:42 AM
Bob Peterson

I took a look. almost 100,000 us coins listed on ebay. that's why they can
charge as much as they.

and their fees will continue to increase as long as there is no effective
competition.

Old January 15th 05, 04:02 AM
Jack Russell

I took a look. almost 100,000 us coins listed on ebay. that's why they

can
charge as much as they.

and their fees will continue to increase as long as there is no effective
competition.

I think they will continue to raise fees until their profits start
declining. eBay has been successful because people can make money using
their service. I think they are getting very close to the point where that
will not be the case.

Jack