OT Alternatives for Photo hosting?

Old August 18th 04, 09:40 PM
BobbyShaw

Default OT Alternatives for Photo hosting?

After several responses indicating that my new Bellsouth internet services web
space is next to useless. I'll need to find another place where I can host
pictures for any Ebay sales. I know that this has come up in the past, but I
thought I'd ask again to get any fresh information instead of digging through
Google.

I saw mention of a free hosting site today in another message board called
www.photobucket.com . I didn't register yet, but it sounds promising.... You
get 100 megs of space free with 2500 megs of bandwidth, but they limit you to
files under 250meg (or they apparently automatically resize).

Until I really need that much space, I'll keep using my measley 2 megs of space
that AOL gives me...

Robert (Bobby) Shaw
Old August 18th 04, 11:08 PM
John Carney

"BobbyShaw" wrote in message
[...]

I like this one:

http://imageshack.us/index3.php

No registering, just upload and copy the link. I STILL don't have web space
enabled on my Verizon account.

John

Old August 19th 04, 04:52 AM
BobbyShaw

Until I really need that much space, I'll keep using my measley 2
megs of space that AOL gives me...

Create 4 more screen names and you'll get full use of the maximum 10mbs they
allow (2mb per screen name).

I know... but what a pain! And, it would be hard for me to do that anyways.
My wife has her own AOL screen name, and I've given both my father and my
father-in-law a sign-on on my account... So, I don't really have that many
extra screen names available for use just to get the extra space.

I *did* notice something interesting in their FTP faq. They said that 2 megs
is the *default* amount of space available... That means that it might be
negotiable. I wonder if a call to them would make any difference... I'd be
happy for them to give the main screen name all the space, and disable it on
any other screen names.

Robert Shaw

website hosting [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 November 29th 04 09:49 AM
website hosting [email protected] Books 0 November 29th 04 08:02 AM
website hosting [email protected] Worldwide Stamps 0 November 29th 04 06:35 AM
Image hosting test Ed Hendricks Coins 19 June 4th 04 05:51 PM
Good Alternatives to Star Archive and Other Pay Sites Dr Winston OBoggie Md (manic depressive) Autographs 0 May 9th 04 05:58 AM