Is this the year to get a Proof Gold Buffalo and Gold Eagle ProofSets?

Old September 10th 09, 06:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

Default Is this the year to get a Proof Gold Buffalo and Gold Eagle ProofSets?

....seeing that both have yet to be offered. They will be a late drop
this year and probably a smaller mintage???
Old September 10th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
winwin

On Sep 10, 12:26�am, MKW wrote:
...seeing that both have yet to be offered. �They will be a late drop
this year and probably a smaller mintage???

Mike-

It is very -popular- to buy when the market is high and sell when
the market is low. Right now gold is very high.

It is not necessarily the -smartest- strategy.
Old September 10th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
coinsusa

On Sep 10, 2:27*pm, winwin wrote:
On Sep 10, 12:26 am, MKW wrote:

...seeing that both have yet to be offered. They will be a late drop
this year and probably a smaller mintage???

Mike-

It is very -popular- to buy when the market is high and sell when
the market is low. *Right now gold is very high.

It is not necessarily the -smartest- strategy.

With all the inflationary forces that are floating about, I'd say that
someone would not be going wrong by getting some gold even at this
price level. Make no mistake, it can be a real crap shoot, but I for
one am getting my money ready.

Old September 13th 09, 06:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

True if you are buying gold. But I am refering to the coins being
offered so late in the year and being rare. Like the 1996 W Silver
Eagle that was in the gold set. Its a $5000 coin.

Old September 13th 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

I purchased a UHR becuase it, being a stunning design, will be highly
sought after unrelated to the gold content. Even if gold crashed and
I waited until then to track these coins down in the market...it would
not be in new condition with all packaging as shipped to me from the
mint. I will pay a premium for newness.

FA: U.S. Proof Gold Eagle Sets Harry Smith Coins 0 March 12th 08 02:49 PM
FA: Gold Eagle Proof Sets [email protected] Coins 0 October 4th 07 10:34 PM
Proof Buffalo Gold Jud Coins 15 July 18th 06 09:20 PM
FA: 1988 Proof 1/10 Gold Eagle NR Harvey Bastacky Coins 2 January 31st 06 04:17 AM
FA: 1990 Proof 1/10 Gold Eagle Harvey Bastacky Coins 0 July 16th 03 12:52 AM