same photo-several diff auctions??

Old June 23rd 05, 01:16 AM
BigDog

Default same photo-several diff auctions??

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? There is also a 1887 listed several times with the
same picture. I know it's easier to use the same scan over and over,
but shouldn't we get to see the coin we bid on?? Maybe its just me, but
this doesn't seem quite right.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Old June 23rd 05, 01:34 AM
Anita

On 22 Jun 2005 17:16:15 -0700, "BigDog" wrote:

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? ...

Same picture. He probably brought a nice roll of the coins and figured
they all looked the same. Not a good practice, since every coin is as
individual as a fingerprint.

Anita
Old June 23rd 05, 01:45 AM
Phil DeMayo

On 22 Jun 2005 17:16:15 -0700, "BigDog" wrote:

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? There is also a 1887 listed several times with the
same picture. I know it's easier to use the same scan over and over,
but shouldn't we get to see the coin we bid on?? Maybe its just me, but
this doesn't seem quite right.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

He's getting a lot of mileage out of that particular image. He also
used it for this auction about a month ago where it was graded a point
higher...as MS-66:

That sale earned him negative feedback.

Old June 23rd 05, 09:17 AM
Bernhard Rich

Would anyone here grade that particular Morgan MS65?

Old June 23rd 05, 02:24 PM
Anita

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:17:55 -0400,
(Bernhard Rich) wrote:

Would anyone here grade that particular Morgan MS65?

Why, sure... Just send it to us.

NTC and NNC