Trolls, Google, etc.

Old February 24th 12, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Trolls, Google, etc.

Guilty as charged, but unable to do some of the suggested things. Mayhap some other rcds users can educate me.

My access to rscs, rcsm, frp, and rcp-h is via Google (i.e. Google groups). Unlike the old days when Usenet was part of my then-current ISP's offering, Google does not give access to anything other than the body of the message. This means I can't find a "report abuse" address, let alone to the header information usually wanted by the host. Is it practical to get such information from a Google posting? If so, how?

Second, a couple of months ago, there was a rec.collecting.postal-history post that was badly off-topic. Lacking any way to "report" it (see paragraph above), I posted a response pointing out that it was off-topic. Within a very few days, that post was was listed but marked as "hidden" as having been reported as abusive. It is now completely gone. I don't know if my posting caused Google to take that action of if someone else reported the original post. (Given that rcp-h gets about one post a year, I'm not sure anyone other than me reads it!). My posting in response to the Test Blanks post was an attempt to see if posting a comment about abuse would again result in removal of the offensive posting.

Third, I tried to cut out the Test Blanks posting except for the opening paragraph. While I could select the rest of the message, it would not delete, leaving me with the choice of either not testing so see if commenting on abuse would result in removal or living with reposting the full message. Obviously I chose to repost the same message.

Solutions to any or all three problems would be appreciated. But solutions that involve changing to some other newsgroup provider are not likely to be tried.
Old February 24th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alyn

Good morning,

I use google groups as well and if you look at the top right of the
message immediately before the date there is a "More options"
selection underlined in blue. If you click it you will be provided
further options:

Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

I would guess that the Report this message is what we would be looking
for.

Alyn

Old February 24th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 7:32*am, wrote:
[...]

Alyn--thanks. MY

On Feb 24, 7:32*am, wrote:
[...]

Alyn--Thanks. My PC with Vista does not show any underlined area, but does have both a cogwheel-shaped icon with "Report Abuse" as an option, and a "Report Abuse" button on the line with the red "Post Reply" button. Those will solve the reporting details problem. And with that as a built-in option, I don't need to test other solutions to reporting, and will have only moderate worry about how to shorten previous postings. All-in-all, a very useful reply. Thanks again.

google 3d model search | google earth automoatic 3d model add |google earth stm 3d model JB[_2_] Dolls 0 December 21st 10 08:14 PM
ATTENTION ALL USENET TROLLS...ATTENTION ALL USENET TROLLS...Buh-Bye RGL! DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 June 5th 07 11:55 PM
Google to trash "Google Groups?" DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 3 August 18th 06 08:44 PM
We are not trolls Coinguy Coins 4 December 28th 05 08:28 AM
No Google is Good Google TC8trax 8 Track Tapes 1 September 28th 03 02:29 AM