Tech question for you, Bob!

Old January 4th 06, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Tech question for you, Bob!

I sold off all my belt drive Technics tables long ago. Direct drive is
far superior. Pioneer vintage tables are unbeatable value. Technics
is "ok", but it's basically a Panasonic with tinted windows and a cheap
spoiler and racing stripe. I did keep one nice Technics direct drive
with a "P" type cartridge mount.

My best table right now, is a Sony PS-X40 with automatically adjusting
strobe- yep, you set it ONE TIME from underneath, and the strobe is
dead on for all speeds. What I like about it is, close the lid, hit a
button, it plays. That one makes excellent CD-R's- and stays hardwired
full time into my soundcard.

Old January 5th 06, 08:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

well charley you got that wrong the SL1200 was one of the BEST selling
tables on the market and still is tops in to days market thay still make it
with a new model number now and its DIRECT drive.
WAS then to

oups.com...

Old January 5th 06, 12:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Hondas sell good too- but Cadillacs ride better and are more luxurious
and higher quality.

Pioneer and Sony direct drive, is better than Technics direct drive.
I've had them all and tested them all.

Technics belt drive tables are a JOKE. The belts wear out on them
every 2 years and the strobe wavers all over the place.

Technics is the Honda of stereos. They were bought by Panasonic. And
now Technics is DEFUNCT.

Old January 5th 06, 02:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:01:39 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

well charley you got that wrong the SL1200 was one of the BEST selling
tables on the market and still is tops in to days market thay still make it
with a new model number now and its DIRECT drive.
WAS then to snip

Correct...the SL1100 and 1200 were some of the best all-around direct
drive tables ever built, the only one better being the SP10. No one
else's ever came close. But then, Noodles wouldn't know good from
bad. He doesn't even know the difference between moving magnet,
moving coil and ceramic cartrdiges, and think BSR crap were "good
turntables!" We used to call BSRs "turd tables." Charlie Nudo is a
turd...thus, it augers well that he likes them.
Old January 6th 06, 12:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

wake up- I have a 1200- I don't even use it

Old January 6th 06, 08:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

if you did you would know my last post to youres was right and bob backed me
up see his reply to my post

Old January 6th 06, 01:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I'll take a picture of it and email it to you, if you want. What's
there to back up ? I prefer Pioneer and Sony turntables. Technics are
inferior.

Old January 21st 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

http://www.8trackheaven.com/strobe.html

this is why a strobe would be a GREAT idea for an 8-track machine

they actually made a strobe cart to set tape deck speed at one time

the author in this link states he has a portable 8-track with a speed
setting- that one is a real find !

the ultimate 8-track machine would be fully adjustable for tape speed,
tracking, and azimuth- all externally with thumbwheels

even better yet, an adjustable tensioner to push off-sized carts into
the capstan to get them to play- or a spring loaded capstan that
adjusts itself to each cart