GM Closing Plants In US and Canada To Build More in China

Old November 24th 05, 04:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default GM Closing Plants In US and Canada To Build More in China

The 408 kg would be plumpish, eh? But your corrected figures sound
mighty fine. Trippin maintained that "he loafed, got fat and ate too
much". Which describes my current malaise. Too lazy to get up and
change Led Zeppelin II and I bet it went around 5-6 times before I got
up the energy to change it. It is a fall to winter transitional thing.
Won't last forever.
I wonder if the U.S. will ever go metric? I still use inches and
feet for measuring in the glass business although the glass thicknesses
are in metric.

Old November 24th 05, 04:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Well no one I knew here was excited about NAFTA either. It was
generally thought that Uncle Sam was hoping to have more free rein on
Canadian water and gas. Most of my friends and relatives in the U.S.
had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned NAFTA at the
time. But the deal was struck and the rules laid down. Seems that the
arbitration preocess should be followed.

Old November 24th 05, 07:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 23 Nov 2005 20:34:03 -0800, "WWW" wrote:

The 408 kg would be plumpish, eh? But your corrected figures sound
mighty fine. Trippin maintained that "he loafed, got fat and ate too
much". snip

That lout "Trippin" has never laid eye on me, knows nothing of my
career or educational history, nor any of what talents I possess. I
do know he's unintelligent, uneducated and limited mentally, as well
as being a liar and a cheat. And that's that!

Too lazy to get up and
change Led Zeppelin II and I bet it went around 5-6 times before I got
up the energy to change it. It is a fall to winter transitional thing.
Won't last forever. snip

SAD...."Seasonal Affliction Disorder"...is an internationally
recognized psychological condition having to do with rapidly
decreasing sunlight hours around the fall season lasting past the
winter solstice. Although seratonin reuptake inhibiting medication
can help allay this effect, one very neat and workable treatment is to
introduce wide spectrum light into your living space before sunup or
just after sundown, to closer replicate the longer sunlight cycle of
summer. Recent data show that the artificial light doesn't have to
contain all parts of the visible spectrum, but it is important to have
the "hot" end...the high frequencies, covering blue-green to
violet...in order to be effective. Tungsten and common fluorescent
lamps can provide the rest easily. One area of the spectrum that's
now under considerable psychological clinical research is the "mid
range"...the greens. An overabundance of "greens," such as those
provided by most fluorescent tubes, seems to have a negative effect on
mood over time.

One thing that has been found to be more effective than originally
thought: a common mercury vapor street lamp of around 75 watts. Be
sure there's a glass plate or diffuser in front of the bulb, though;
MV lamps emit potentially harmful amounts of UV through their glass
envelopes, endangering the epidermis and eyes. While they appear blue
to the eye, mercury vapor lamps have a very strong green output, but
this is accompanied by everything into the UV range, which the
fluorescents cannot do. Oft times, surplus MV lighting fixtures can
be had for free or very cheap, since most in North America have been
replaced with high pressure sodium, which concentrates its discharge
in the lower end of the spectrum at various points. Another help in
beating the "SAD" blues: a forced exercise regimen of at least 20
minutes a day. Walking in sunlight is excellent for this, as it
provides more direct "hot" light, critical in providing the brain with
needed seratonin, and provides excellent low impact cardiovascular
exercise.

I wonder if the U.S. will ever go metric? I still use inches and
feet for measuring in the glass business although the glass thicknesses
are in metric. snip

It did, in fits and spurts, and then failed. While the US was on a
"metric timetable" in the 1970s, the backward thinking Reagan
administration let it collapse (at the behest of big GOP contributor,
General Motors,) thus leaving behind a crazy quilt of metric and
English fasteners, tools, and the like. My 1986 Chrysler was all
metric, but GM was in "never-never land"...some parts were metric,
others were English...typical GM cheap-ass work. Fords went metric
around the same time as Chrysler. By the '90s, most of GM cars were
metric, save for the usual occasional surprise...another good reason
to never drive a GM car from that era. As far as standards for
length, temperature, volume and so on, though, the common people are
stuck with inches, degrees Fahrenheit, US gallons and other completely
obsolete and non-compatible units. I think the US is now alone
worldwide in using Fahrenheit for thermodynamic temperature, which is
just plain stupid. Scientifically, the Fahrenheit scale is completely
useless, as it has no relationship to the phase change points of
water, while the Kelvin and Centigrade scale are directly related,
aiding the working of many thermodynamic and other scientific
equations.

dB
Old November 24th 05, 01:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

(laughter...) gee, only the Miata should have 2 seats...besides, it's
Japanese...it just has to be better...(NOT !)

good point WWW-

PERHAPS that means the Miata was a ****ty rip off of the ' 53 Vette.

obviously you see through their limited argumental mindset...good post !

Old November 24th 05, 01:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Led Zep II going around a few times is not all that bad- that one needs
to be played at least twice to sink in, per sitting...

Keep in mind, a cold shower and bowl of Wheaties would most likely stop
DB's heart and kill him- the guy obviously gets no exercise- besides
his hand and forearm waxing the bishop.

Old November 24th 05, 05:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Ricky 79 Honda White-professional loser wrote:
(laughter...) gee, only the Miata should have 2 seats...besides, it's
Japanese...it just has to be better...(NOT !)

good point WWW-

PERHAPS that means the Miata was a ****ty rip off of the ' 53 Vette.

obviously you see through their limited argumental mindset...good post !

Google is your friend, gay boy.

Old November 25th 05, 04:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Led Zep II going around a few times is not all that bad
It was playing in a record store's (in Dinkytown -Minneapolis)
system when it was released and knocked me out when I heard it. Oddly
enough, I had not heard of them, or their first release though I knew
Page from The Yardbirds. I bought the 8 track at the time because I
spent more time in my car than at home. It remains the only Zeppelin
recording I purchased new, and the only one I still listen to.
waxing the bishop.

That's a new one on me.

Old November 25th 05, 05:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 24 Nov 2005 20:47:15 -0800, "WWW" wrote:

waxing the bishop.

That's a new one on me. snip

Noodles will be spending a LOT of time sitting on his ass waxing the
bishop now that his eBay account is going down in flames.

Nice job, ****-for-brains...trying to shill your own auction from the
same ISP! I notice the "paper money" scam is gone...and the whole
account will be gone by tomorrow morning.