Bob Scarborough actually drives one of these ? BWAHAHAHAHA !!

Old December 17th 05, 03:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Bob Scarborough actually drives one of these ? BWAHAHAHAHA !!

hi im new here, i recently got a 1986 Olds Cutlass supreme, was my
great aunts. only 63,000 miles on it. Learning how it drives, and
trying to find someone to fix electric antena is my first project. So
far 3 car stereo places have said they would have to take off fender
and tire to get to it..hmmm ok ..hope to work on this after the
holidays...bye now

Old December 17th 05, 03:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

hi im new here, i recently got a 1986 Olds Cutlass supreme, was my
Ratty cars.

Well, I have to disagree with Bob on this one. I love
the Oldsmobiles from this era. If this has the V8, you have a ride that can
go down the highway AND ACTUALLY OVERTAKE AND PASS OTHER CARS.

Old December 17th 05, 03:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Just for the record, here is a list of my current stable of vehicles:
- 1999 Dodge Dakota 4x4 (V8)
- 1989 Ford Bronc II
- 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (V8)
- 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
- 1952 Austin A-40
- 1953 (?) Allis Chalmers CA
I can supply pics of any of these.

Old December 17th 05, 05:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:09:44 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

hi im new here, i recently got a 1986 Olds Cutlass supreme, was my

Ratty cars.

Well, I have to disagree with Bob on this one. I love
the Oldsmobiles from this era. If this has the V8, you have a ride that can
go down the highway AND ACTUALLY OVERTAKE AND PASS OTHER CARS. snip

I believe that '86 was the last year for the "Rocket"...or was it '85?
Anyway, the final "real" Oldsmobile engine was the 307" version, and
by the next year, all the V8s were gone and the Lansing "Rocket"
engine plants was shut down. Since then, the only V8 marketed under
the Olds name as the rebadged Cadillac Northstar in the Olds Aurora,
which was quite a car. Shame GM mismarketed it so badly.

dB
Old December 17th 05, 05:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:19:48 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Just for the record, here is a list of my current stable of vehicles:
- 1999 Dodge Dakota 4x4 (V8) snip

Check your upper ball joints!

- 1989 Ford Bronc II

- 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (V8) snip

These were very solid cars...far better than GM's 'Crap-ice"

- 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT snip

AN INSTANT CLASSIC! Hold onto this one...it's a sleeper. My wife had
one of these, and like a dope, sold it to a friend. The friend kept
it in a garage and now it's worth more than it was new.

- 1952 Austin A-40 snip

Oh my!

- 1953 (?) Allis Chalmers CA snip

A-C made a good tractor. Strange how A-C, which made everything from
farm implements diesel engines to electrical equipment, suddenly went
poof as it did. They did build a quality product. I beleive the
Italians got ahold of it, as it's now "Allis-Fiat," which explains why
they can't build anything anymore. For your edification, "Fiat"
stands for "Fix It Again, Tony!"

dB
Old December 17th 05, 08:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

DB

I learned all of what I shared regarding that it does not matter what
make or model of car that you have from my mother.My mother comes from
Germany and many German people still drive a lot of older model
cars.Some people still drive the older model Volkwagon's with the
engine in the back.Ther are also people who still drive older model
Mercedes,BMW's,and any other sorts of cars that are made over in
Europe.I had the Toyota Celica GT that I talked about for 5 years and
it was always a dependable car.My mother also told me that her whole
family never had many car problems because of the way that they took
care of their cars.Today,a few of her family members who are still
alive in Germany are still driving the cars that they had when she left
Germany to come and live here when she married my father.Even today,my
mother has a friend who still visits her family over in Europe and they
are still driving the older model cars and that older model cars are
more common than newer models.There are also not too many junkyards
over in Germany because of this.The only time that a car is junked is
if it was totaled in a car accident.But the parts are always taken off
because some of the parts are sometimes still useable.Not only that,my
mother had always told me that she had an uncle who was a truck driver
and auto mechanic who could make anything work and could bring any car
back to life.Again,it does not matter what make or model as of year of
the car,it all depends on how well you take care of it when you give it
it's proper maintenance such as oil and fluid changes and tune-ups.The
Europeans have been doing it for years ever since motor cars came to be
and there are still alot of older model cars on the European roads and
highways.There are even more older model cars on Europan roads and
highways than newer model cars.The Hoda Accord that I own has over
200,000 miles and it is still in good running condition.My mother's
families attitude is that "The Car Is Just Broken In(so to speak)."

I hope that everybody in here has a terrific weekend.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover

Old December 17th 05, 08:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 17 Dec 2005 12:30:50 -0800, "frschoonover"
wrote:

DB

I learned all of what I shared regarding that it does not matter what
make or model of car that you have from my mother.My mother comes from
Germany and many German people still drive a lot of older model
cars. snip

Very true, Frank, and true all throughout Europe, as well. The
Europeans, overall, are considerably smarter about being thrifty and
conserving funds and resources than are wasteful Americans. My
grandfather of German stock, and he was the same way...never traded
cars often, and kept a 1955 Pontiac Star Chief running in good shape
for 25 years, and it's still around today.

My mother's families attitude is that "The Car Is Just Broken In(so to speak)." snip

Same with me! My Accord is just BARELY broken in at 100K. As long as
you can get parts, you can keep any automobile running well, and as
long as you expend some effort and care, you can keep them looking
well, also.

I hope that everybody in here has a terrific weekend.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover snip

I'm doing just that and same to you, Frank!

dB