Seeburg AY160 Amp Problem

Old November 15th 04, 02:59 PM

Default Seeburg AY160 Amp Problem

I am working on an AY160 for a friend. It has a SHFA4 - A amp. I have
worked on EM pinballs, but this is new to me. I have re-capped the
Tormat and the amp with the exception of 4 or 5 electrolytics in the
amp have have different values than those on the parts list. This
fixed all my selection issues, but the record still produces no sound.
I get a substantial hum from the speakers which goes away when I
disconnect the speaker ground, but still no sound. I have pretty much
exhausted all the troubleshooting protocols - what next? Will
replacing these last few caps likely fix my problem?
Old November 15th 04, 05:11 PM
rich

I am assuming that the caps that were not changed were in the power supply?
pull out the input plug and the mute plug. turn up the volume and check for
hum again. if not there then plug in the mute plug with the mech in play and
lastly plug in the input. the hum may be coming from the mech. open wire
to the cartridge etc.
rich